Friday, February 15, 2008

My Valentine's Day


Remember my little tirade about flowers a few weeks back!?! Well John more than made up for it this Valentine's Day when I received a beautiful bouquet of roses at work! It totally made my day and my little babies also loved to see them. It was funny because I got them on my lunch break and bought them back into the room while they were sleeping. When they woke up they immediately noticed them and would constantly stop to look at them. I guess I need to tell John that I need flowers sent to work more often!

We had the craziest weather that day! We went from basically a Summer like day to the coldest, wetest day I've seen here in a while. In the mountains surrounding San Diego there was snow and people were stranded in their cars and all sorts of other crazy stuff. It took me forever to get home, so John and I decided to cancel our going out dinner plans for a night in where it seemed to be safer and warmer! Instead we settled for one of our favourite meals and an early night. Today we were back to sunshine and warmth! It's still a little cold, but nothing like the day before.

So the weekend is here and I have no class tomorrow. I still have a mountain of study to do however, so I'll be spending a lot of time on that. On Monday it's a holiday here (Presidents Day) for some, but that doesn't include me. Instead of giving us a day off we have to go in for a training day. One of the worse things about this country is that they have holidays, but not everyone gets them. John of course gets a day off and has been enjoying rubbing that fact in!! I guess I'll have to find myself a government job so I can enjoy all the holidays too...wish me luck for that!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm so glad you got beautiful roses for valentine's day. John wins a few points there. I'm loving your blog, so nice to see all your pics & what goes on day to day. xox