Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas


All you see is for Mackenzie!

Christmas was quiet, but nice for us. As you can see I think I might of went a little over board with gifts for Mackenzie, but I guess I was trying to make up for the fact that John wasn't going to be there. As it was she also got a gift from John which I let her open before Christmas. She got spoiled, but at least she won't remember and expect it every year!! I'm sure though that each and every year I won't be able to help myself and will get her just as much!
The day was all pretty much about her. I got a necklace from John and then some presents from Mum and Binny. Although I'm grateful for my necklace and really do love it, I was a little bummed that I didn't get the camera I had been hinting at for the better half of the year!! Actually I more than dropped hints I said at one point "all I want for Christmas is a new camera." I guess Santa wasn't listening.

I think she would have been happy to just tap on the paper all day and not unwrap them!

We took our time with the presents. I wanted her to be able to actually take in what she got and not be over whelmed with all this stuff! Having her birthday so close to Christmas made her a pro at ripping open her presents. I would start it and then she would tear straight into it. She got a Paddington Bear and some books and clothes from her Auntie Paula and her family, clothes, books and chocolate from Grandma and Auntie Binny and a doll, socks and a toy kangaroo from her Great Nan. (if I forgot anything I'm sorry)

Opening her Little People School Bus

From Santa she got a kitchen which is kind of cool because when she gets bigger it actually expands. From us she got the school bus, a tea set, blocks, books, a horse (she sits on it and rides around - it's on wheels), a lunch box and some other little stuff.


Her Tea Set

Playing with it.

Opening up her horse

I think she likes it

Looking at her Foofah from Yo Gabba Gabba! I don't think she quite knew what to make of Foofah because she is used to just seeing her on tv.


Her Blocks

Her Kitchen

Playing with her kitchen while I tried to set it up

We spent most of the day playing with her stuff. I also put together a book shelf to go into her room and changed her room around to fit everything in there. She still won't sleep in her bed, but I guess at least she plays in her room now!!

No comments: