Thursday, December 10, 2009

Mackenzie's Birthday


Last photo as a baby!

Well my baby is a big girl now! It's taken me a while as per usual to get this up...but better late than never I guess. We've had a crazy week this week. On Monday we had this really crazy storm which meant getting home from work took us even longer than normal. Then today Mackenzie threw up in the car on the way to work to we ended up coming home early. She seems to be doing ok now. She has slept a lot today and now is her normal self, so fingers crossed she just wanted an extra day at home. Me on the other hand I'm full of guilt and I'm tired. I didn't get much sleep last night and then we had a bad morning with Mackenzie whining. Obviously she was trying to tell me that she wasn't feeling good, but all I wanted was some peace. As we were driving I saw her throw up and my dilemma became what do I do? Do I turn around and go home and let everyone down at work or do I go to work and hope there is nothing wrong with Mackenzie. I went to work on the verge of tears and I guess in the end Mackenzie made the choice for me. It's times like these when I really want my husband here to help!

My big one year old with her doll from her Great Nan!

So to her big day! It all seems so long ago now. We had a good day. On her birthday we went to work/school and she spent most of the day being a diva! She had a cupcake there which she enjoyed then we came home so she could unwrap her gifts. She was more excited with the paper and it took a while to get through the gifts as she was easily distracted! She got very spoiled and we want to say thanks for her gifts.

Pressing on the paper to make cool sounds!


With the bag that matches the spectacular outfit Auntie Paula gave her.


Looking at her gifts from Mummy and Daddy


A break from unwrapping


Playing....


Not happy with Mummy for taking too long...she wasn't impressed with singing

I tried to make her day special by getting her a candle and singing Happy Birthday. All she wanted to do was devour her cupcake, or should I say the icing/frosting!




On Friday we had a day off and Mackenzie had her 12 month check up. She's doing good and ended up getting a total of five shots including her second regular flu shot and her H1N1 shot. She was meant to get two more, but I chose to postpone them until her next check up. I didn't really like the nurse or doctor (who ever she was) we had this time around as she made me feel a little like I wasn't doing the right thing. I got the usual lecture of getting her out of my bed and not nursing her to sleep, but she was also talking about milestones and things, some Mackenzie hasn't reached yet. Like words for instance. According to their paperwork Mackenzie should be able to say Mama and Dada (which she does) plus at least three other words. She hasn't really said much else yet. At school they say she says no, but I haven't heard it yet. Anyway she made me feel like I wasn't doing a good job because Mackenzie wasn't talking more. Funny thing about that though is on the way home someone cut me off in traffic and I called him a asshole. From the back seat I heard "AAaaaaaaaaa". Fingers crossed her first word isn't that! =)

Mackenzie's first birthday cake!

Mackenzie's first birthday was really nice. We had it at a park and I hope everyone enjoyed themselves. Mackenzie was a little overwhelmed by it all I think and wouldn't let me put her down so she didn't go and play or anything. Again she got very spoiled and she loved her cake!

My friend finally had her baby, so little DJ stopped by for a little while!


The birthday girl all dressed up!


Mackenzie's friends Tim and Sanne


Mackenzie's friends Sophie

Opening presents


More presents!


All partied out!


She slept for quite some time!


In her Christmas pjs!

I'll have to write a little more later. Mackenzie is trying to help and is erasing photos and all sorts of things!!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

eesh dont worry about milestones etc...they all get there in the end!! Jamie had heaps of words before he was 1 but didnt walk until he was 18 months. Thomas didnt talk for ages and when he did it was all wrong and very very badly stuttered, but he walked before he was 1.....it all evens out in the end!!

Jess said...

Aw Jodi, you're having a hard time of it lately you poor love. That's one of the problems with nursery - they pick up everything going! Same is happening with Finn too but not quite to the same extent as you and Mackenzie by the sounds of it. And I totally sympathise with regard to the whining - we are suffering with that too at the moment and I am so over it! Hope it helps a little to know you're not alone. But at least I can get 5 minutes peace when Mark is at home. Can't believe what the nurse said to you. She should know better than that! That would have pissed me off big time. Anyway Jodi, hugs and hope you have easier times ahead. Lots of love. Jess x