Thursday, December 24, 2009

Video Conference


All dressed up for Daddy

Yesterday we went and saw John for our scheduled video conference. The connection wasn't the greatest for us as he looked a little distorted and stuff, but apparently he could see us just fine which I guess was what was important. It was a kind of bittersweet moment really because the common sense part of me told him what he needs to hear...that we're doing great, that we're going to have a great Christmas and that all is well here. Meanwhile the crazy side of me wanted to break down in tears and beg him to come home because I don't want to be on my own anymore; especially for Christmas!
Mackenzie did good although I don't think she understood that it was her Daddy because she couldn't see him properly. I got her all dressed up in her Christmas dress and she looked so cute! She spent most of the time trying to work out how to get her shoes off. Of course too she actually waved at him when the video was down so he didn't get to see it. We actually got to see him again today as he's on a little Christmas greeting posted on the ships facebook page. I've played it a few times for her and pointed out John to her. She watches and waves and says "Dada". If she doesn't see him soon she is going to think he's only two dimensional!

"No more photos Mum!"

I'm half prepared for tomorrow. I still have a bunch of presents to wrap for Mackenzie and I'm trying to find my Christmas spirit. Whatever you do we hope you have a great day and take the time to appreciate your family because having John home for Christmas is all I really want! I'll post photos of our day soon.

This is Mackenzie after she enjoyed a Christmas Eve cup cake!


"Yummy!"

No comments: