Sunday, December 20, 2009

Countdown to Christmas


Look at all those teeth!

Well here we are less than a week before Christmas and I think we are as ready as we'll ever be! It's been a very busy week for us I finished off my class this week and we had yet another day off this week with a sick little girl. On Tuesday Mackenzie woke up with a fever so I called out for the day and got her a doctors appointment. She is still suffering from a slight cold and ended up with another ear infection. The doctor said this is the time of year for it, then he tried to scare me by saying that if she gets another ear infection we might have to start talking about tubes for her ears. I think I'll be getting a second opinion on that! Mackenzie is on antibiotics again and I'm hoping she'll be all cleared up in time for Christmas.

Looking into the box full of presents!

Yesterday we went and picked up a box at the post office from Grandma and Auntie Binny. We got it home and were both in awe as we opened to see a box full of presents! Mackenzie had a great time opening up her birthday presents and underneath our tree is now also full of gifts. It was real nice for me as I didn't think I would be getting any gifts under the tree for me this year. Mackenzie was so cute opening the presents because with each gift (they were all clothes) she would put them over her head like she was trying to try them on! She got some really cute clothes but they are a little big at the moment so she will have to model them for you when they fit.

So many presents....

Lets see what I got!

Yesterday was also my Christmas party for work. We went out to lunch where Mackenzie showed off her new facial expression. She now has a mean look! She lowers her eyebrows and looks at you like she's either going to hit you or tell you off! It's funny to see, but at the same time I don't think I should be encouraging it! We were at the store yesterday and the sales lady began to ask me what was wrong with her. I thought it was the usual question about her eczema, but when I looked at Mackenzie she was giving the lady her mean look! I don't know what the lady did to upset her, but Mackenzie was definitely not happy with her!


Maybe I can eat my way into it?


I wonder what's inside?

After lunch we came home and had our movie night. I'm thinking it's going to be a weekly thing for us. Mackenzie watches a little before she goes off to play, then eventually falls asleep. I make up a little bed on the floor for us both and we snuggle up and watch. Yesterday we watched UP which was really cute. After Mackenzie went to sleep I watched Public Enemies which was also good. I'm actually enjoying this because I feel like I'm finally able to do something for myself. It's taken me a while but I've come to the realization that I've forgotten to take the time to look after myself. I'm constantly putting every one's needs before my own and it's time to reclaim a little time back. Now that school is over my plan is to get the house back into order, then start to get back into my hobbies.

Tasting her new socks

John is doing fine and is still out to sea. On Wednesday we actually get to see him so I'm really looking forward to that. We are having a video conference with him so it will be interesting to see how Mackenzie reacts to that. I have a pretty Christmas dress for her so she will be all dressed up to see her Daddy. I'm not sure if he will be in port for Christmas, but I'm sure the ship will take care of him just the same.
As for us it will be a quiet one, just me and Mackenzie. We have a Four day weekend so it will be a nice break. I will try to do what have become the traditions of our family and I if the weather permits I think we might go to the zoo at some point. Part of me just wants to get the holidays behind us so 2010 will be here and we start counting down to John coming home.
We hope you all have a wonder Christmas!!


Trying on her shirt!


I think she likes this one!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

if a doctor is suggesting getting grommets (tubes in her ears) I wouldn't hesitate! I've seen too much speech and language delays with kids who didnt get grommets early enough. The op takes all of about 15 minutes. Jamie had a day procedure a few years ago and there were kids in his ward getting grommets in - they were in and out of surgery in no time