Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Mackenzie's Half Birthday!!


The Half-birthday girl!!

As I begin to type this it's basically six months to the day that I was trying to get myself prepared for the fact that I was about to give birth to Mackenzie. Now I can't imagine life without her!! I think right about now I was throwing up!! :)
We had a great day today! I wanted to make Mackenzie's day as special as I could and I think she enjoyed herself. She got to talk to her Daddy and then we got dressed up and went to JC Penny for Mackenzie to have some photos taken. She did such a great job and the photos turned out great. I had a real hard decision in picking the ones I wanted, but I think I chose well. I will scan them and put them on the blog when I get them back!

Opening her presents!

My plan once we got home was for Mackenzie to take a nap then get a couple of toys that I had bought for her for her special day. Her sleeping patterns have been a little off this week, so of course she didn't go to sleep so she got to play with her toys instead. I got her this cute little purse that comes with a bracelet, lipstick, keys, money and a mirror (everything a girl needs!!) and she loves it...especially the money! It's been in her mouth ever since she got her hands on it. The purse sings and counts, and I think once she gets a little older she will enjoy putting stuff in it and taking it out again! I also got her this little milk and cookies container thing. It's basically a container for dumping cookies in. She really seems to like that. When you turn it upside down it moos, but to me it sounds more like a goat! She played with her new toys for a while till she finally got tired and went for a nap. The problem with this though is that she's now not taking her afternoon nap until around 4pm, so as you can imagine she's not wanting to go to sleep now until almost 10pm! I think I have to be mean Mummy again to get her sleep back to where I want it!!

Investigating her new toys!


Out of the packaging finally!!

We have been working on her sitting up and she's getting pretty good at it! I think by next week she should hopefully be a pro at it! She is now always wanting to sit up in the bath which gets a little stressful for me! I really want her to get the hang of it so she can sit up, especially in the bath. Bath time gets a little tough these days, because it will normally end in tears when Mackenzie can't get her way! Here are some shots though of her doing her sitting up thing!!

She's such a big girl now!!


Last week I also started sitting her up in her stroller/pram and she loves that!! She really enjoys being able to sit up and look about and we are now having less tears when we are out and about. On Tuesday we went for a walk with my friend Sasha and got to test it out big time! Sasha suggested going for a walk around Miramar Lake. She told me that it was five miles and not knowing what five miles I said sure. Let me tell you people...five miles is a very long way!! I was exhausted! I had to carry Mackenzie part of the way because she got tired and bored. She did a pretty good job considering, but had I known we would have been out there for that long I would have reconsidered. The weather was a lot warmer than what I anticipated and unfortunately Mackenzie got a little too much sun on one of her arms. I still feel like a horrible Mummy for allowing that to happen. I had smothered her in sun screen, but I either missed a spot or we were just out there too long...

Out and about in her stroller/pram

John is doing good and leaves Bahrain this week. He will be flying out early Friday morning and is really looking forward to that. He should get to Texas sometime on Saturday and will begin his school on Monday. Like I said he is rather excited to be leaving. I guess to him it feels like being a step closer to coming home. For me it still feels like forever. I know we are almost at the end, but this has just been a very long deployment. I am definitely looking forward to him finally coming home. At the moment his arrival date is July 2nd so I guess only 29 days to go.

Proof that she does sleep in her own bed occasionally!

Well the time is now 10:42pm and this time six months ago I held Mackenzie for the first time. Only six months to go and she'll be one!! :)

No comments: