Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Convict Pics!!


Her citizenship pics...or as John likes to call her application to become a convict!

On Saturday I had to take Mackenzie to get some passport photos so I can get her application for her Aussie citizenship done. We went to the local pharmacy and I had to sit her on a stool and keep myself out of the way so the girl could get a decent shot. I can see that I still managed to get into the pic as you can see my thumb creeping! It was hilarious trying to get a decent shot. The camera had a delay, so Mackenzie would stare intently at the girl right up to the time that she was about to take the shot, then she would look at me! I think it took us about eight attempts before we got this one! I think the white background gives her that jail look! We got the nurse that has checked her out since she was two days old to sign the paperwork so now all we have to do is complete it and send it in...oh and I need to get her birth certificate too!

Mackenzie with her bff Sophie

On Sunday we met up with the girls for lunch. Mackenzie got to catch up with her friend Sophie which was nice. She no longer lives in San Diego anymore so they don't get to see one another as much as I would like. They weren't too interested in one another. They looked and tried to touch one anothers slobbery hands and take each others toys, but I'm sure as they get older they will enjoy playing! I think Jennifer and I were more excited to be able to catch up with one another than the girls were. We got the cutest shot of them together so in the end that's all that matters!!
It was real nice to see all the girls again and we are arranging a scrap booking day which I believe is on the 28th so I'm really looking forward to that.

Jennifer and I with our girls...almost impossible to get them both looking at the camera at the same time!


The rest of the girls....Sasha, Marisa, Chrissy and Rhona


Mackenzie finally wearing the bracelet Melissa and Tim got for her!! (Thanks Mel I love it so much!!)

Like I mentioned above Mackenzie finally wore her bracelet on Sunday. At the moment it still slips off or she manages to pull it off so I haven't let her wear out of the house. I'm too scared that it will fall off and I won't see it. I want her to get used to it just the same though! She kept it on for a few hours while she played so I was happy with that!
Yesterday she went for her six month check up. She's doing great and weighs 16 pounds and I think it was 72 cm in length. (I have it written down somewhere, but I'm trying to type this while she sleeps so I'm trying to be fast!! ) She's in around the 40ish percentile for both of them (again can't remember exact numbers) and the nurse said that she's right where she needs to be!! Unfortunately we're doing all we can when it comes to her eczema. It could possibly be something we deal with until she hopefully grows out of it. The unfortunate part about it now too is that I notice her scratching her face a lot now, where as before it never used to bother her. If anyone has any advice or product suggestions I will definitely welcome them all!!
Yesterday was Mackenzie's last visit with her nurse too which I was a little bummed about. She will be leaving to have her own baby so we won't be able to see her until maybe Mackenzie's 12 month check up. It's been nice seeing the same person every time you go. Mackenzie got her a couple of Dr Suess books for her baby and I was even able to get her to sign the card which Nurse Saunders really liked!
She screamed bloody murder when it came time for her shots which broke my heart! She went so red this time because she wouldn't breathe!! The guy that gave her the shots said, "Wow she has a set of lungs!" I forgot to warn him about that, but maybe that can be their punishment for hurting my baby!! She's doing ok now. She's definitely not her normal self, but I'm sure by tomorrow she'll be back! Last night I ended up giving her Tylenol because she had a slight fever and was kind of miserable. Oh course I get the child that doesn't go to sleep with drugs!! She was awake until after 10!! I haven't had to give her any Tylenol today, but she is kind of off her food. Like I said before though, I'm sure she'll be fine tomorrow!!
OH MY GOSH!!!....I almost forgot to mention our big news!! I felt her first tooth yesterday! She's cutting her first tooth! I'm proud, excited and scared! Scared because she can hurt me now when I'm feeding her so I can only imagine the damage she might do with fangs! Her breast feeding days may be numbered!! I will try my hardest to get a shot of the tooth, but at the moment there is nothing really to see!
Only two more weekends left before John comes home!!!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

you can still breastfeed with teeth, their tongue comes out and covers the bottom teeth - it only becomes a problem when they start playing with the nipple instead of sucking properly. Henry has bitten me a few times, before he had a tooth, he soon learnt not to do that again.
thomas had bad excema as a toddler. we stopped using soap or bubble bath, he uses sorbolene cream in the shower now, and we also smothered the worst parts in egoderm ointment. we figured out that grass was his main allergen so he stopped sitting on grass - sat on a rug - and we put long pants on him while he was still crawling on grass.
hope you find something that works.

Melissa said...

Just catching up on your blog -- glad Mackenzie finally is wearing her bling! Way to go girl! x