Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day John!


As soon as I took the camera out Mackenzie started smiling...unfortunately my camera has a delay so this is what I got...still cute though!

Today is Father's Day here in America and it's a kind of bittersweet day for us having to spend the day apart. Mackenzie is wearing her "I love Dad" onesie, but is sleeping at the moment so I will take some photos once she wakes up. John is going to go see a movie and get himself something to eat. I told him to make sure he treats himself even though it kind of sucks. We plan to make up for it once he is home. I have the cutest gift for him from Mackenzie, but can't show you yet as he sometimes reads this!!
I've also managed to upset myself further because I went and read Matt's blog. I have told you all about him before. Well today is also his four year wedding anniversary, so as you can imagine it's a pretty tough day for him. His blog manages to make me cry at least once a week, so I'm trying to put a positive spin on John not being here because at least we get to see him soon. Please take the time to spare a thought for Matt and Maddy....

Eating or should I say sucking on banana!

So change of subject before this gets too depressing!!...We haven't had the easiest of weeks this week. With Mackenzie's shots on Monday and possibly the tooth she is cutting she hasn't been my normal, happy girl! Every other night was screaming, not wanting to go to sleep till late and just being rather unsettled! It's also been a week where my little baby is just disappearing before my eyes and a big girl is appearing in her place! She is now so close to crawling that any day now I'm expecting her to shoot across the floor! A couple of nights ago she did a couple of proper crawl movements, but at the moment I think she's still try to get it all together! Maybe she'll save it for Daddy's arrival!!

She prefers to feed herself now...

She's doing ok when it comes to eating. Some days she's eats everything, then other days I'm lucky if I get her to eat half a container. I started to feed her some rice crackers which she really likes and I also give her the spoon which always gets her to eat a little more. I think maybe she is just too independent for her own good! When I first gave her the cracker she wouldn't hold it for herself. I put it in her mouth and as soon as it dissolved a little and she was able to break some off in her mouth she snatched the cracker out of my hand and began to eat it! It was almost like hearing her say..."Give me that thing, I know what I'm doing now!!"


She has also tried some banana and quite enjoyed that! The dummy/pacifier looking thing you can see in some of the photos is this net thing that you place food in and she is able to suck on things without having to worry about her choking on things. She is not too willing to hold this, but she seemed to like the banana. At the moment I'm still feeding her twice a day as I'm a little unsure if I should add the third meal when she's so up and down with her eating...maybe I'll give her another week!?


On Thursday we went and had lunch with Dakota and Mackenzie had a great time showing off for her big sister. She was all smiles which made Dakota's day and we had a good visit. Dakota is doing great and is getting to move with her mother and sister. They are moving to a different suburb in San Diego and Dakota is very excited because she will be finally getting her own room. There is quite a big age difference between her and her sister so I'm sure they are both going to enjoy having there own space.
John is doing great and working through his school. Tomorrow is the last of three exams he had to do and I believe this week he and his class will also be going to visit a prison there. He's finding the class very informative. He also got his flight home changed and confirmed. He had to end up calling Bahrain to do this...talk about government bureaucracy!! So now I am officially counting down days...10 more days to go!!!
Got to go as Mackenzie is awake and is over sitting at the computer with me and doesn't want to play with her toys....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shes so cute sis, mum looks at it every day she reckons.. luv you guys Bel xxxx