Sunday, September 28, 2008

Where did September go?


I can't believe that next week we will be heading into October!! In a way it's good because it brings John closer to coming home, but on the other hand I'm starting to feel like I'm running out of time to get things organised for the baby!! She's going to be here before we know it and we still haven't settled on a name! I think this is the hardest part of it all. John and I can't seem to agree on too many names. He keeps telling me to look and give him more, then for probably every five I give him he will only like one! My other dilemma is because I work with children some names I just won't choose because I know a child with that name! Fingers crossed we have a name before she arrives.
My baby shower is going to be on the 18th of October! Do you like my invitations. My friend Sasha who is organising the party for me and has been nice enough to have it at her house found these on line and I just love them! You move her little blanket and the information is behind it! I'm looking forward to the shower and will be sure to take plenty of photos for the blog!


I've had yet another uneventful week. My doctors appointment went well and my sugar levels are still at a point where I don't need insulin. I'm hoping it stays that way until I give birth because the last thing I want to be doing is giving myself injections. I have two appointments in the following week. I have an ultrasound appointment on the 8th and my regular appointment on the 9th so that will be keeping me busy. I keep telling John as soon as this baby is born I want chocolate milk and pizza!! Being good all the time gets a little old after a while.
Today I went shopping for a few things and ended up finding this cute little piggy bank for the baby! With the tough economic times she's going to be born into I figured it's never too early for her to start saving for her future. I have already emptied my purse and will have to raid John's truck so I can begin to fill it up!


John is doing good and is currently in Greece again. He has had the weekend off to so he sounds relaxed. He can't tell me when he will be leaving but I'm sure it will be some time next week. He should also have an answer on his leave in December which I'm looking forward to. I just want to know that he will be here for the birth!
So this is what I look like at the moment. I guess I'm starting to look pregnant as I'm getting asked a lot more by our parents at work. Some people however can't believe how far pregnant I am because they have only just noticed. I'm hoping that with all the healthy eating once the baby is born I'll come out of this being smaller than what I started!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Jodi!! You look great! I guess not seeing you everyday makes me forget. You are definitely looking prego and beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Jodi it is a joy to be able to see you and hear how you are doing! I had gestational diabetes with my 2nd child Jonathan. I hope you keep doing so well!
Jennifer D