Monday, September 8, 2008

The Big Baby Buy!

As the title shows I have begun to purchase all the stuff that is needed for this baby. I registered at Target, which took me forever and I'm slowly getting myself organised. This weekend I bought a bedding set and some blankets and stuff and of course some of the cutest outfits I've ever seen. Part way through all the selecting for the registry and things I bought I thought to myself that she had better be a girl, because I have a lot of pink!! I was going to take photos of some of the stuff I've got so far, but I've just run out of time. My weekend next weekend is going to be a quiet one, so I'll be sure to take some pics for you all to see.
All is going well here. Work has been busy as we have a lot of new babies starting. I started to get a little worried that our baby is going to pick up on some bad habits with all the crying she's been hearing lately!! I'm always happy to get into my quiet, calmer room because I have the older more settled babies. I'm still being able to get through the day without feeling too worn out. Sometimes I do get a pain in my back and in my hip, but most days I'm doing good. At the moment I feel like I'll be able to work right up till the end, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. The diet has me still dropping weight, so I'm starting to grow into my pregnancy. Some of the girls at work have begun to tease me a little because my pants are falling off me. I'm wondering if I can get through the pregnancy without having to buy any maternity pants. Maybe I can, but I'll probably explode in my last month!! The baby has been moving about non-stop today, so I'm guessing she's going through a growth spurt...that or she just wanted to make sure I knew she was there!!
John is doing good and has moved into his flat this week. He chose one close to the base so he can walk to work. We have already gotten through our first month and have only 11 to go. I'm hoping that the rest of the months go as quickly as this one. I just can't wait till he comes home for the birth of the baby.
Tomorrow I'm back to the doctors and it's been nice to have a break from going there every week. My sugars have been pretty good lately so I can't imagine that he's going to change anything. I'm just happy that I'm seeing the doctor that I prefer. The other one that I was seeing wasn't really my favourite. He never really answered my questions. I'm hoping that with this appointment he will spend a little more time on the baby instead of me. If anything out of the ordinary happens I'll write a quick note tomorrow!!
Oh, and for anyone who wants to take a look my registry can be found at target.com or at a target store and it's registered under my name...Jodi Douglas

No comments: