Saturday, September 20, 2008

She's really a girl!!


Today I went to a place called the Ultrasound Experience where you can get a 4D look at your baby. One of my other pregnant friends went there first and told me all about it, but suggested I waited until 28 weeks so I could get pictures of the baby once she is a little more developed and fattened up! I wasn't disappointed at all! It was amazing to see her and basically know that this is what our baby is going to look like!


First thing we did was verify that she's definately a girl. I was still a little unsure of what I was looking at, but the techician said she was 100% sure that she is a girl. At the moment she is basically in a breach position which her head at the top of my tummy and her feet down in my lower tummy. Now I know why I get kicked around down there all the time!


She basically spent the whole time with her hands and feet up around her face. While we were looking at her we got to see some facial expressions like her yawning, what looked like a smile and a frown. We could also see her swallow!


With the session I paid for I got a dvd of the experience and a cd with all the photos the technician took. I also got some colour and black and white pics. I also got a cute photo in a frame because I was referred by some one. I wonder what she will get? I'm going to be sending the dvd over to John so he can get a look at his little girl!


My friend Brittny came along with me, so it was nice to have someone there to experience it all with me. We both couldn't believe how clear the pictures were and how cute she looked!!


My week was a little rough this week. I'm starting to feel pregnant now. I'm getting tired a lot easier than what I used to and lifting some of the babies I care for is starting to prove hard. I'm starting to wonder how much longer I am going to be able to keep up with work. I have a docotors appointment on Wednesday coming up so I'm going to be asking some questions about how much I should be lifting, and if it's time to stop working with the babies, especially the older ones which is what I do. I don't want to stop working, but I'm going to be putting myself and the baby before my job.


On Wednesday night I went out to dinner with the girls from work. There are quite a few of them now who have been smart enough to move onto better paying jobs so it's always good to keep in contact with them. So far I haven't made any friends outside of those I work with, so it's very important to me to make sure I keep them around! We had a good night catching up with everyone.


John is doing good and will be celebrating his birthday next week. He is actually going out to sea again on his birthday, so I guess it will be all work for him. I am hoping that he'll be able to keep in better contact this time around because 2 weeks of not hearing from me drives me a little crazy! He's in the process of applying for leave to come home for the baby's birth, so I can't wait to hear that it's all been approved and that he's really coming home. Then I guess I have to keep my fingers crossed that the baby waits for her Daddy to come home before she makes her arrival!
Anyway I hope you enjoy getting a glimpse of the baby before she arrives as much as I did. I may be bias, but I think she's the cutest little girl already!! I can't wait to meet her!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww Jodi, she's gorgeous! Love the pics. Has she got a name yet? Keeping my fingers crossed for good news re John's leave - keep us updated. In the meantime you take care of yourself, don't go overdoing anything. Lotsa Love. xx
P.S I've just started feeling the baby move in the last few days. So exciting!