Sunday, May 25, 2008

John's Week!


John receiving his award!

So this week we had John's graduation which was a really nice ceremony! Dakota was able to make it and she looked really nice. John also received a special award because he had one of the best grade point averages in his little field. The 5Th district (I think that's the police district the school belongs in) named the day "Johnny Douglas Day" so it was a great honour for John. Just before going into the ceremony John received a call telling him that he had also got his promotion at work. He is now a senior chief! It was a pretty big achievement to get it because the number of people applying for it increased where as the number of positions had decreased. His pinning ceremony (I think that's what he called it) is next Friday! After his graduation we went out to eat and had a great time.


Me and John...our body language looks all wrong! (smile)




John and Dakota!

This weekend is Memorial Day weekend here so we get Monday off. It's a little sad here because they use the day as a big excuse for sales. I can't imagine Australia doing that with ANZAC Day! We are using the time to look at baby furniture. With the realization that John is leaving at the end of July we need to start getting organized. I especially want all the big stuff purchased before he leaves as I don't want to be putting it together all by myself. I also want John to feel as included as possible! We now have our fingers crossed that with the promotion it should put him in a better position to come home for the birth.
Yesterday was my final class, and it feels so great to be done, especially that class! I finished with two A's so I'm really proud of that! I had prepared myself to be happy with a B in my Saturday class because my professor was so tough, but I actually went over the 1000 points required for an A, so I was a little shocked, but happy. There was only three of us that went over. I got out of there as soon as I got my grade! I won't be going back to school now to possibly some time next year. The fall semester finishes right around the time the baby is due so I'm not going to stress myself out with trying to finish classes before I give birth.
One exciting thing is that in November I'm hopefully going to get to see the New Kids on the Block! I'll be 8 months pregnant by then, but I'm hoping that I'll be able to go see them! I'm still a fan and a bunch of the girls from work are too, so we're all planning on going. Tickets go on sale in June, so fingers crossed we can get some. In some places they sold out in minutes...who knew they would still be the hottest selling ticket in town!

No comments: