Sunday, June 8, 2008

I'm Still Here!!

Well it's been over a week since I've updated you all, so I figured I had better get organized. All is well here and apart from feeling exhausted all the time I have no other complaints. The last few weeks have been so tiring for me. Work has been a little stressful...but I won't bore you with those details, and it has taken all my energy to get through the day. Once I get home it's not long before I'm in bed. I'm extremely lucky to have John here at the moment. He cooks whenever I can't be bothered and he is always doing the dishes for me. He's been a great help and I don't know what I'm going to do once he does leave.
On Monday past he was officially made Senior Chief. They had a pinning ceremony at the hospital where everyone who was promoted got their new insignias. (I think that what it means?) Anyway because I had to work I sent along the camera with John for him to get some pics, and he did a great job at choosing a photographer!
Getting pinned.
It's official...Senior Chief Douglas!
A funny story about this promotion of his. For the past few weeks as he has been wearing his uniforms he's been taking them into the uniform store to have his patches changed out, then they get sent off to the cleaners. He has done this quite a few times now so the other day we turned in some more uniforms then went to the cleaners to pick up a uniform. He gets it, looks at it then starts getting upset because it's missing the senior chief patch (which he had to special order), anyway the lady goes to get her supervisor and I ask him if he's really sure about this, of course he is! I tell him that I thought we dropped this uniform off before we heard about the promotion, so John takes a breath, stops and thinks about and realizes his mistake. He apologizes and it's all worked out, but I'm sure they'll be ready for him when he goes back to pick up the rest of his uniforms!! John has three days left before he checks out of the hospital and is off for a month before going to school then heading off to Bahrain.
Last weekend we did a lot of shopping. The store on the Marine base had a sale on infant furniture (20% off) so we took advantage of that and purchased all our big ticket items. We ended up getting a crib and chest of draws, a portable crib and a stroller (or pram, depending on which country you're from) with a car seat. None of it is put together yet as John is going to paint the room first, but I'll be taking pics once it is all put together.
Our other big purchase was to finally locate a Wii! We have been looking since about the start of the year and couldn't find one anywhere. Apparently the whole of America wants one and there is a shortage in this country. I finally found one on-line and it arrived on Friday. It is so much fun!! Even I can do it! I have discovered that I'm a natural at golf. Much to John's disgust I have kicked his butt every time we play and I love it! Finally I'm good at some kind of computer game. I'm now looking forward to getting a Wii Fit one of these days!!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

you have so got to get a wiifit!!! best thing ever! bit hard to do lots of the stuff on it with a baby belly, but it will be great afterwards