Sunday, May 11, 2008

Three Years Tomorrow!

Well tomorrow marks three years since John and I got married...where has the time gone! In those three years we've probably spent close to half of it apart thanks to immigration and deployments! This time last year John was in Kuwait and I can't even remember what I did that day. So last night our plan was to go out and have a great meal to celebrate! We chose to go to Bondi, and I was so looking forward to some lamb and John the beer. We got all dressed up, something we rarely do these days and got into the car and headed off down town. When we got there we discovered that the Padres (the local baseball team) were playing which meant that there was even more people than normal down town. After driving around looking for a park for approximately 45 minutes we decided this was not going to happen and we'd go eat else where! I couldn't believe how many parking structures were full last night!
Next we headed over to Little Italy which as you can imagine is an area in San Diego with lots of Italian restaurants. After getting a little lost, then driving around there looking for a place to park we decided this wasn't a good idea either, so we begin to head back towards home, both feeling a little pissed off and rather hungry. We decide to go to Red Lobster...we get there and there so many people waiting that they are outside the restaurant! This is when the penny drops and we remember that everyone is probably out for Mother's Day! So then we decide to just go to our local Mexican restaurant. We were way over dressed for that, but we just wanted to eat by this time. We get there at 8:45 and are told that they stop serving at 8:45! By now we've lost all anniversary spirit and just want to eat, so disheartened we begin to drive home. On the way we stopped by our local pizza place (it's called Papa John's) and go in a order a pizza.
By the time we had got home we had spent roughly two hours in the car driving around aimlessly and had wasted about a quarter tank of petrol, which is no laughing matter with the prices the way they are. Once we got home and were in our PJ's we laughed about the whole night and sat down and enjoyed some of the best pizza I've had in a long time. Even though it didn't turn out to be the night we had anticipated, we were together, and for us that was all that mattered.

Our anniversary meal!
So for anniversary gifts John got the latest Call of Duty game for his Xbox! He has been enjoying that since yesterday. Once he learns his way around the game a little more he'll be fighting people all over the world when he goes on line with it! As for me I got some perfume. I finally got a bottle of Issey Miyake so I was happy. John had actually granted my one wish in life which is to buy a Coach bag, but when we got there I couldn't find one I liked, and couldn't bring myself to spend $200 plus on something I didn't fall in love with! Tomorrow we'll just have a quiet night in. American Gladiators starts up again so we'll be watching that!
Everything is fine baby wise. I have experienced no morning sickness (sorry Amanda) and at times wonder if I'm actually pregnant at all! I've come to the realisation that I am because my pants are beginning to get a little tight! My next appointment is this week so I'll have details next time I write!

No comments: