Sunday, November 21, 2010

Double Take!


Baby #2



Baby #2


Baby #2


Baby #2


Baby #2

Late October we went to the Ultra Sound Experience so we could get a look at baby number 2! I couldn't get over how similar she looked to Mackenzie when I did the same with her. When I went to see Mackenzie I was 28 weeks, and with baby number 2 I'm 31 weeks so there is a little bit of an age difference, but I still think they look extremely close.
It was nice for Mackenzie to get to see her little sister although I don't think she really got it. John also got to experience the whole thing for the first time too as the last time I went he was deployed. We have pretty much settled on a name now, but the rest of you will have to wait a few more weeks until the big reveal!


Mackenzie


Mackenzie


Mackenzie


Mackenzie


Mackenzie

This week coming is a short week for us as Thanksgiving is this Thursday. It is also my final week at work and I looking forward to hopefully being able to relax a little before the baby finally arrives. Work has been getting harder and harder for me as the lifting and everything is just plain exhausting! Over the last few days they have also decided to move some kids around so now my classroom consists for three non-walkers and one just walking. The three non-walkers seem to have no desire to get started either so I'm having to coax them to crawl where I want them to go or lift them. It makes for a tiring day, especially now. I keep telling myself only three more days!!
My last doctors appointment did not go the way I wanted it to. Unfortunately I was misdiagnosed and now I do have gestational diabetes again so it's been a mad dash to try and get my sugar levels under control. When I'm being good and eating what I should be I am able to keep my levels good, but my morning fasting level is really bad so I'm probably going to have to go back on the drugs I had with Mackenzie. I have an appointment tomorrow so I should have some answers on that. I'm also hoping that I will no be induced as I will move into that high risk category. Having a date is going to make planning for Mackenzie a little easier. I'm totally frustrated by the whole misdiagnosis, not to mention that this late in my pregnancy I have to worry about all this again, but what can you do right?
Mackenzie is doing great and is only weeks away from turning 2. Over this past week it seems as if someone has turned on a switch inside her as she's talking so much!! She now is talking in small sentences and has become quite a character. The other day when I was driving to school she took her shoes off in the back. When I told her that she's not meant to do that her reply was, "I big trouble?" It's very hard to stay serious sometimes when you get a reply like that!
John is doing good and keeping busy. On Friday we purchased a new car so he has been having a lot of fun learning all the gadgets that come along with it. We are now the proud owners of a 2011 Ford Flex! We needed a bigger car for when we have people come stay as my car will no longer be able to fit a third person in the back seat comfortably once the baby seat is in there. Unfortunately it's been raining most of this weekend so I am yet to get any photos of it, but with all my extra spare time I should be able to get some photos on here soon. Mackenzie loves the new car just as much as John does and gets very upset if John goes anywhere without her. I don't know what she's going to do tomorrow when she's back in my old car!!
For those of you who celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday I hope you all have a wonderful time whatever it is you do!!

1 comment:

Jess said...

Lovely pics of the new bubba Jodi! She's a little cutie just like her big sister. Can't wait to hear her name!! Have a happy Thanksgiving!! xx