Sunday, November 7, 2010

Disneyland


Meeting Eeyore for the first time.

Now that we are annual pass holders we are trying to make the most of visiting Disneyland. A couple of weeks ago we went up on a Sunday before Halloween so Mackenzie could get to see the place done up for the occasion. She had learnt about pumpkins and the color orange at school so she was rather excited to see both everywhere. It was a really nice day too. We didn't feel rushed to get everything done and just traveled at our own pace. Of course the rides that are changed for Halloween were crazy, but we only went on one which was the Haunted Mansion. They change it into the Nightmare Before Christmas and it's actually quite cute. I was a little worried as to how Mackenzie would react, but she was very brave.

She was brave enough to approach all the characters by herself this time...what a big girl!

We had tried to warn her as best as we could that the ride might be a little scary and spoke a lot about Jack and what she would see. After all the talk of Jack being fun for the rest of the day whenever we asked Mackenzie if she was having fun she would reply "Fun Jack!"
She also talked non stop about seeing all her favorite characters and this time around was more than happy to approach them all by herself. She talks about them a lot at home and when she does mention a name she always says "Hug, kiss?" All in all it was a good day had by all and our next trip up there will probably be for Mackenzie's birthday.

Hanging out with Daddy!

Not a whole lot going on with us. Today John has duty and it's his first day of having duty on the weekend so Mackenzie wasn't too happy to see Daddy leave today. She has decided to draw all over herself with a pen in his absence and has watched Nemo and is now taking a much needed nap which is allowing me some alone time!
We have pretty much got all the rooms situated now and Mackenzie is trying real hard to sleep in her own room. She has slept in there the entire night a couple of nights now, but most days at about 4am we wake up to her walking into our room with her blanket and pillow. It's the cutest thing!! Last night she even unsuccessfully tried to climb into our bed. I have to admit though I sleep a lot better when she's in the bed with me!!

Attempt at a family self portrait!

The baby is doing great and I have my doctors appointment tomorrow. It's hard to believe that I will be finishing up work at the end of this month, but with the holidays we have this month I have only 12 working days left!! At the moment I'm feeling mixed emotions about finishing up because part of me can't wait to just be able to rest while the other part of me is going to miss my kids, the teachers and the routine. I am still planning on taking Mackenzie in so I will be seeing everyone on a regular basis, but I guess it's going to take some adjusting.

Mackenzie doing a little window shopping!

"Please can I have them!?!"


We are not looking forward to the day where we can no longer talk her into putting things back and leaving the store empty handed!

Mackenzie is doing great and I can't believe she is so close to becoming a two year old!! Where does the time go? She is always so busy and is talking a mile a minute! She has also become quite good at throwing some loud and painful tantrums and she loves that she has her Daddy wrapped around her little finger. The other day at school she was misbehaving and I told her if she didn't start behaving that there would be no princess movies when she got home. Of course her behavior didn't improve and my mind was made up! When we got home her Daddy got her out of the car and had been told of her bad behavior. He asked her if she had misbehaved and she told him "No" then proceeded to ask for her movie!! They learn so young!!

Saying hi to Pluto!


She had wanted to see Minnie all day, but her face doesn't show that excitement!!


This one is a little better!!


Checking out Minnie's house!




Meeting the man of the hour....Mickey!!


We love Mickey Mouse!!

On Thursday this week we have a day off for Veterans Day but as of yet I'm not sure what our plans are. John actually has the Friday off too so Mackenzie and him will have a Daddy day while I go in to work. I hope you all have a great week. I still have a bunch of pics and things to post on here as per usual so hopefully I find the time soon!!

No comments: