Monday, June 7, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend!


Playing in her new pool!

So I was going to write yesterday, but I spent the entire day looking for my camera! I know how much people come on here to look at the pics so I figured until I found my camera it wasn't worth writing!! Luckily just as I was about to panic that I had lost my new camera John told me to check under then couch cushions and there it was!! Only problem was it was already Mackenzie's bed time so I'm writing today!!

I think she likes it!

We are all doing well. John has been going out to sea again, but we have been fortunate enough to have him home on the weekends which had been nice. Last weekend was a three day weekend for us so we went out and got Mackenzie a new pool and a little sprinkler thing for her to play with. She had a great time although the weather was a little cool!
She is growing so much!! She is repeating lots of words now which is a constant reminder to John and I that we need to watch what we say! She was started to say "princess" which makes me very happy! I'm trying to teach her to say Disneyland, but I'm not having much luck with that. She has been visiting the big kid class lately and is really enjoying herself. When they come to get her she gives me a hug and a kiss and tells me bye and walks out to the next room. She might be moving in there as soon as tomorrow so if she does I'll be sure the get some pics of her in her new class room. My friend Brittny is going to be one of her teachers and her other teacher is a girl called Lynda who used to look after her in the baby room so she'll be with teachers she knows. Part of me wants to keep her with me forever, but at the same time I'm so happy that she's growing up and becoming a big girl.

John and I had a great time watching her expressions!

Memorial Day weekend also saw another huge milestone for us! I hadn't really shared the fact that I was still breast feeding Mackenzie, but that weekend I finally decided enough was enough. I was only feeding her at night and it was to put her to sleep and to keep her asleep. One of the worse habits I ever started with her. Friday night was terrible!! She was so angry and screamed most of the night. It took me forever to get her to sleep, only to have her wake up again two hours later and scream some more. On Saturday John had duty and I was a little scared that I wouldn't be strong enough, but that night she just whined a little then went to sleep. With each night it got better and even now when it's time to go to sleep so when kind of point at my boob just in case I change my mind, but now she goes to sleep without making too much of a fuss! Our next challenge will be to get her out of our bed!

I really like this shot of her looking at her Daddy!


I think the pool was a good investment!

This weekend we didn't get up to much either. John had duty yesterday so it really wasn't much of a weekend for us. I did manage to get Yo Gabba Gabba Live tickets which I was excited about! Mackenzie really loves that show and they will be here in November so we have a while to wait, but I'm glad we got the tickets when we did because as it was all the good seats were already taken.
John is doing good and getting ready to go out to sea for a while. As you already know I can't tell you all when, where and how long for, but I'm kind of bummed that he has to go out again so soon. I'm a little worried that Mackenzie will forget her Daddy again, but I kind of think that she shouldn't this time. She loves him so much so I know she's going to miss getting to see him. So for now we're just enjoying the time we have before he leaves again. I hope you all have a great week and I'll try to be in touch sooner!!

Enjoying some chocolate cake!

No comments: