Monday, June 28, 2010

Just Our Regular Update...and Some Extra News!


Dressed up for school on game day!

Another week gone and Mackenzie is feeling a lot better. She still has a bit of a runny nose, but apart from that she is doing great which in turn takes some pressure off me! We had a pretty good week this week. We started the summer program at school which means a few extra fun activities for the kids. On Monday they had a bounce house/ jumping castle there and Mackenzie had a blast in it. Her teachers didn't know how she would react, but got right on in and ran about laughing and screaming. I think she will take after John in that department, she seems to be fearless!
She is now also letting me tie her hair up in pigtails now which makes her look like such a big girl!! Everyone at work always tells me that she's starting to look so grown up...where did my little baby go!

Relaxing in the pool.

We got to go home a little early a couple of days last week which was nice! On one of the warmer days Mackenzie had a swim and loved it! She has a Dora beach towel and gets a little upset at me when I won't let her take it in the pool with her, but she soon forgets about that when she starts splashing about! On the weekend I bought her a Disney princess towel which she drags all about the house. She gets very excited and runs up and down the towel saying "princess, princess"!
Every now and then she will say Dada, but she is doing fine without him here. She recognizes him in photos and talks to him on the phone, so I imagine she should remember him when he gets back.



Relaxing in front of the tv while I take care of things!

John is doing fine and is currently in Hawaii. He tells me that he hates the place, but really how could you ever dislike a tropical island!? Sometimes I wonder if he just says that for my benefit because I can never seem to hide my jealously. He said that there are a few Aussie ships there so I guess they are joining in on the exercise he will be participating in.
As for our weekend...we didn't do a whole lot this weekend. On Saturday we went over to the mall for some retail therapy. I enjoyed spending some money in the Disney store, and I had to get Mackenzie a little outfit for school for next week as they have to wear red, white and blue this coming Friday. We will be having a long weekend as it will be Independence Day on Sunday and we have Monday off. I think I will take Mackenzie to the zoo at some point over the three days!

She likes to say "Cheese" now when I take her pic!

Now for our news...we are expecting another baby! I have known for sometime now, but it just took some time to get an appointment to verify it all! It's actually still feels a little unreal to me at the moment. The baby is totally wanted and everything, but it feels a little different the second time round. I already feel guilty because I don't nap when I'm tired like I did with Mackenzie and I don't always take my prenatal vitamins on a daily basis. I'm getting better at all that and by finally acknowledging it on the blog makes it seem a little more real! Anyway my due date is late December/early January which I'm a little suspect about. They are going by the date of my last period (which was an estimate anyway because I was still a little irregular) which was in March and John didn't get home until mid-April. You do the math! The midwife I saw too said she wasn't going to test me early for gestational diabetes which leaves me feeling a little uneasy. When I think back to all they made me do last time, it just seems a little strange that they plan to wait until the regular testing for everyone which is around 20 weeks. My next appointment is July 29 and I'll be seeing someone else so I'm planning on talking about it some more then. Anyway below is some pics of the new bub, which according to the midwife looks great. He/she had a strong heartbeat and even waved to me so it was a great relief to know that everything is ok. Until next week...

The new baby apparently about 13 weeks old

1 comment:

Jess said...

Congrats again Jodi! I'm so thrilled for you guys and very excited by your news! Hope you're feeling ok. Happy 4th July for the weekend, hope you have a nice relaxing few days off.
Lots of love. xxxx