Sunday, June 20, 2010

A Very Long Week!


Me and my girl!

John left on Monday so we are home alone again. So far it's been a really long week as Mackenzie got sick on Sunday afternoon so I was left to take care of a sick and unhappy little girl. We stayed home from school Monday and Tuesday as she had a constant fever. We went and saw the doctor on Monday and he said she was at the beginning stages of a cold. She was pretty miserable. She basically had a fever that wouldn't go away and all she wanted to do was to have me hold her constantly. She cried and cried and cried!
On Wednesday I needed some sanity to my life so we went back to work even though we probably should of spent another day at home. She was ok for the rest of the week, but very lethargic and almost looked like a little zombie. She also ended up with a rash so we were back to the doctor again yesterday. I guess kids can sometimes get a rash after fevers and the doctor said she seemed to be doing fine, just to let her get all the sleep she wants, which is what I have done and now my little girl is back!!

Taking a break at the fair.

Before John headed out we headed to the fair. Dakota came along with us and we had a good day. Mackenzie is still very weary of Dakota and won't go near her, but she hasn't really seen much of her so I guess it's just going to take time. Mackenzie is very reserved around people she doesn't know, which in a way I'm kind of happy about because I don't have to worry about her just going up to anyone. John and Dakota had fun going on some rides, we ate lots of food that is not good for you, Mackenzie got to look at lots of animals and went on a ride with her Daddy. All in all it was a great day.

Our first attempt at a ride for Mackenzie....she cried so John had to take her off!

On Monday night we had another earthquake which was a little scary! Apparently it was an after shock from the big one we had on Easter weekend. It was around 9:30 at night and we were in bed when all of a sudden the bed, as well as the house started shaking! It really can be quite scary as I didn't know if the house was going to stay standing! Mackenzie woke a little, but I was able to get her back to sleep. As for me I was almost asleep when it happened, but as you can imagine I was awake for awhile after!

Walking around at the fair

Finally getting on a ride with Daddy!

We have been watching when we can the World Cup and so far we've been able to see Australia's terrible efforts! Mackenzie can now say football, although I think she'd prefer to watch Dora or her other shows!
Apart from that we have little else to tell you. We are just counting down the days yet again until John comes home.



All dressed up and ready for Australia's game against Germany!


Taking photos at school!



1 comment:

Jess said...

Aww Jodi just been catching up with your blog and lots of lovely pics as usual! Sorry to hear Mackenzie has been ill, it's horrible isn't it and takes a toll on you too. We've been watching the World Cup too and it's a shame the Aussies didn't get their act together a little earlier as they played pretty well in the last game. Never mind, there is always next time and I guess we can still support the US and England in this tournament.
Anyway, lots of love to you both, hope John is back soon. xx