Monday, November 2, 2009

My Little Squirt


My little Squirt

On Friday we had our Harvest Festival at work/school. It is basically a Halloween party, but I don't believe they can say that with the whole political correctness that occurs here. Mackenzie and I dressed up and enjoyed the day. I was a Hula girl (or a Hawaiian girl as one of the little girls called me) and Mackenzie was Squirt, the baby turtle from Finding Nemo. She looked so cute and didn't mind being dressed up at all! The costume wasn't too hard for her to wear because it was basically a pair of pants and a jacket with a hood.

Testing her costume out at home

We went out around the school to collect treats and it was nice because I was able to go with Mackenzie. She was all loaded up in the stroller/pram when she saw me and started crying so I picked her up and took her with me. She collected some candy that I somewhat enjoyed and went back to her room for her regular day. As for me it was a busy day because we also had a little party. The kids enjoyed it although it was a little hectic for us teachers. Over all though it was a good day.
Halloween was quiet for us. Before John left he started eating the candy and I got mad at him because I thought that there wouldn't be enough for the kids. Well he could have eaten a whole lot more because we had three groups come to the door and now I'm left with a big bowl of it! I think I might even send it over to John as I don't like it.

Practicing her turtle moves

Apart from Halloween we haven't been up to much. I have been feeling rather exhausted these past few weeks so we basically come home, get ready for the next day, eat, shower and go to bed. I would love to come home to a cooked meal and someone to do the dishes for me. The house looks like a bomb has hit it and I really don't care anymore. At the end of this month we have Thanksgiving which will give me a four day weekend so I am hoping to get a lot achieved then.

Me and my girl at school

Mackenzie is doing great and continues to settle into her new routine. She is eating great for the girls there and is beginning to eat a little better for me too! Her new thing to do is to scream when she's excited! At school they have a little paddle pool full of balls and today I could hear her screaming as she played in there. She is also starting to open my draws in the kitchen and has a great time taking things out and throwing them all over the floor. Yesterday she also began crawling up the stairs so now I need to bring our gate down stairs so she doesn't end up hurting herself. She is rather proud of herself though when she climbs up a step or two and sits down to talk to me!

Looking at all the other kids dressed up

John is also doing good and has just finished up a port stop in Thailand. We got to talk a few times which was good, but he was always calling when I was sleeping so our phone calls were at times a little one sided. I don't know how much free time he gave himself, but I hope he was able to relax a little. He made me laugh at one stage when he told me that " you can't throw a stick without hitting an Australian or English person!" Not sure where he is off to next...I just wish it was home!

All ready to go trick or treating with her friends


The little guy next to her is the boy she made out with!


Me and Mackenzie out trick or treating!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Mackenzie looked sooo cute in her costume. Loved it!!

Belynda said...

Oh my god sis, she's the cutest squirt there is... Mum loves it as well big kisses... Belynda xx

Melissa said...

Mackenzie is ROCKING the Squirt outfit.... soooooo cute!! x