Sunday, November 22, 2009

A Long Week!


"It's too early for photos Mummy!"

Let me start by saying thank goodness this week is over! It was a long and busy and frustrating week! It started off good, but Thursday and Friday were just terrible. We are beginning to get more children at work and we got a new little girl who started Thursday and doesn't know a word of English. She's this cute little Indian girl who is rather big for her age and packs a bit of a punch. She's not even in my class, but we some how ended up with her and she spent the day crying, trying to communicate with us (she's quite fluent in her native tongue) and fighting us to get out of the room. After a rather long day I had to stay back that night for parent conferences. Mackenzie was a good girl and didn't make a peep as I spoke to my parents, but she soon got tired and thank goodness I was done and on the way home before she started to act up. We both had a very early night that night.
Hoping Friday would be a better day we went back to discover that we would have the little girl again that day as her teacher went home sick and our day deteriorated again into a day of trying to settle her. This time her Dad left us with some key words and I tried my best to communicate with her. Unfortunately she kept saying this one word over and over again, and of course that word wasn't on the list. After stressing out most of the day and trying everything I could to help her in knowing what this word meant her mother picked her up and said that it probably meant nothing!! At the end of the day all I wanted to do was get out of there, go do the grocery shopping and go home so Mackenzie and I could relax....little did I know!!
Earlier in the week we received notification that they would be repaving the road within our housing complex and told us that all vehicles would have to be out of the area between the hours of 7:30am and 5:30pm. There was no problems Thursday night so Friday I went straight from work and did the shopping like normal and when I come home all access to our house is cut off! So then I'm forced to find parking on the street and some how manage to get Mackenzie, our stuff from the day plus our groceries into the house! Thank goodness Mackenzie was a good girl for me as I loaded her into her stroller/pram and trudged down the street with as much stuff as the stroller and I could handle. I decided to only take the cold stuff in, but thank goodness I decided to take a second trip to the car to double check as the brainiac who packed my bags after asking me if the blue bags were for the cold stuff (I use recyclable bags) put my cold stuff in the green bags and non-cold items in the blue! I had most of the cold stuff still sitting in the car! Once we got everything into the house and put away Mackenzie and I were basically in bed and asleep! A day I would rather forget!!
We are doing much better now! The car is back in the garage and I'm no longer worrying about someone hitting it or breaking into it and we are coming to the end of a somewhat relaxing weekend! Mackenzie is doing great and is as busy as ever. I did have more photos to show you, but she somehow managed to delete them and half of what I had typed so after retyping everything I can't be bothered reloading the photos! I'll do it later in the week! She got a great evaluation from school and they gave me some real cute photos of her! I need to scan them and I'll also put them up! She is on the verge of cutting more teeth and continues to get more confident in standing up. I can't believe it's now a matter of weeks until she is one. This year has just flown by!
We still have had no word from John. The ship is going through a non-communication thing for National Security. (blah, blah, blah!!) It's now going on two weeks and it's starting to get very old. They have also taken down their page on facebook which is frustrating. Unfortunately too many people on there ruined it for everyone by writing stuff they were told time and time again not too! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that with Thanksgiving this weekend that they will lift the no communication thing as we will hopefully get to hear from him.
This week we have three days of work/school then Thursday and Friday off for Thanksgiving. I am so looking forward to the break! My plan is just relax, take care of the house and hopefully go to the zoo with Mackenzie. I also want to put up the Christmas tree, but first I have to buy some kind of fence thing as I know that Mackenzie is going to try her hardest to touch it! I'm slowly getting Christmas presents mailed off so I think by the time Christmas is here we should be prepared!


Mackenzie with one of her teachers.

No comments: