Sunday, January 13, 2008

Has a week gone by already!?!










Well I was going to make an effort to write on my blog more often, but I guess time just got away from me! It's been a busy week where I almost got to work a full 40 hours. We have been a little short on infants lately so I've had my hours cut....which kind of sucks as I don't get paid for going home early. This week however one of our little darlings came back from his holiday/vacation (depends on which country you're from) so I got to work a full day. This week we are also having some new babies start so I should become very busy!!




Today was a big day for the city of San Diego!! The Chargers beat the Indianapolis Colts in their play-off game, so we're now only one game away from the Superbowl!! Unfortunately the New England Patriots stand between us and the Superbowl and they haven't lost a game all season, so it's going to be a tough one! When we were dropping Dakota home today there people out in their cars waving their flags and stuff. There are a lot of excited and happy people in San Diego today.




I thought I'd begin to show you all around our home. So far I've taken some shots of our little court yard and I'll continue to take some more photos so you can see what our house looks like. We live in a brand new development which holds a little over 100 homes. Most of them are completed now and there are not too many empty ones left. They are little condos, or townhouses. We have a four bedroom one and are at the very end of a group of six so we are away from the street. The neighborhood is pretty quiet and our neighbors keep to themselves unfortunately. I'm finding that most people here are no where near as friendly as us Aussies!! (no offense to any American readers!) Anyway I have a little garden of cacti and have been pretty successful at keeping them alive. Most of them I've raised from tiny little plants, so I guess I'm doing something right. I took the photos around Christmas time so you see my little Mickey door hanging thing! We got that at Disneyland.




No comments: