Saturday, March 20, 2010

A Kind of Sucky Week...


Doing some coloring at school

Another week over and closer to John's homecoming! Some days it feels like all I do is count my days away. We had a good week. There has been some stuff going on at work which kind of sucks, but I guess there is not a whole lot we can do about it. My director Theresa who is also my friend gave her notice on Friday. Basically the lady she replaced when she started working there has decided she wants her old job back and because her and the owner are best friends the owner has given her the job and basically demoted Theresa. I think they did it so she would quit, but the whole thing just sucks. We had a meeting on Thursday and the consensus I got from everyone there is they don't want this girl coming back, but I guess there is nothing we can do as it's the owners decision. Part of me wants to quit along with Theresa to support my friend, but I have Mackenzie to consider. She is very happy and settled there and is about to have some major changes occur in her life already so I don't want to disrupt her too much. My plan is to just wait and see what happens. I'm a little nervous anyway that they might try to get rid of me because I am one of Theresa's friends, but if that's the case I'll be glad to leave. I just feel real bad for Theresa though because she's done so much for the school and she gets treated like this.

A new favourite pic!

I took the camera to school this week to get some shots of Mackenzie at play. She is doing great at school and really does love it there. On Friday she even stood up for herself which made me very proud. We have a few kids in the class who are just plain bullies. All they want to do all day is push, pull hair and attack the other children. Most days they tend to pick on one another, but occasionally they get the other kids. While I was out of the room apparently one of them pushed Mackenzie over. Mackenzie picked herself up, told him what she thought of him and pushed him back. I'm not about to encourage her to be a bully, but I'm not going to stop her from defending herself either. Later that day the same kid approached her again and she got right on him before he could do anything to her. He didn't go back again!

Playing on the slide.

Her new thing this week is saying "please" and "yes". She thinks that if she says either of them she can do or get whatever she wants. Where do they learn these things!! We had St Patrick's day on Wednesday and it was a horrible day so unfortunately I didn't get time to take any pics of her. I guess I'll just dress her up again and take some pics. She did look cute!

She is not scared of anything!

John is doing fine and keeping busy. I get to speak to him most days which is nice and I really can't wait for him to come home. I think they have just one more port call before they get here, but you know how it is, he can't tell me any of that stuff. I also got to speak to Dakota the other day and she is doing good. She was actually on a national news program here because she was interviewed at her friends memorial. Her Mom sent me the link so I will try and add it to the blog when I get the chance so you can see her. She said some really nice things about her friend. She will be going to Seattle for her Spring Break with her family and is doing good at school.

Enjoying the swing

That's about it for us. We are just enjoying the weather, getting the house ready for John and trying to keep ourselves busy. Have a great week....

Playing at home on her horse!


She wanted her hat on and she chose the bracelet herself too!


"Ride em cowgirl!"

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Ok so what are the major changes that are going to be happening in Mackenzie's life??? I would suggest a sibling but that would have to be an immaculate conception!! Hope John gets home soon.