Sunday, March 28, 2010

Hurry Up March and End Already!!


All dressed up in one of Auntie Binny's dresses and going to school

Nothing of great excitement happened with us this week. As the title says I'm just wishing this month away! We are now down to just over two weeks until John gets home, but it still seems like forever away. I think once he gets to that last port it will seem a little closer. I'm thinking that that will be sometime this week, but at the moment I'm just waiting to hear that they are there! I have also fallen into the trap of crossing days off the calendar and sometimes I wonder just why I do that to myself because until it's close it just looks like you have forever to go. As much as I'm complaining though I know he'll be here before I know it and I'll be stressed out because I haven't gotten the house ready!! =)

We always take Minnie with us now!

Mackenzie is doing great and had a good week at school. She is talking more, eating more 'big girl' food and is so confident in her walking now that she walks from the car to school and from school to the car. Sometimes however her confidence is a little unnerving because she doesn't think that she has to wait for me! John is not going to recognize her when he gets back. He left behind a baby and is coming home to a toddler.
She has been dancing all weekend! Last night we watched a little of a Pink concert and she stood at the TV shaking her little butt. She also cracks me up because one of her favourite songs is Beyonce's "Single Ladies". When she hears it she starts dancing and smiling and if I sing it she dances. Now when I sing it she goes "Oh, Oh Oh"! It's the cutest!! One of the girls at work found it funny to that when Mackenzie hears any Keith Urban she starts to dance too! The other day we were playing a CD that had lots of different country artists on it and the first guitar strum of Keith Urban Mackenzie stopped what she was doing and started to dance. I've taught my girl well! =)

All buckled in and ready for the trip!

This Friday at school/work we are having a little party for Easter. We are having a lunch which I signed up to make sandwiches for our class and we are also having a egg hunt. I have a bunch of plastic eggs here that I need to fill with goodies to take along so I think she should enjoy that. We will also be making a little basket to put the eggs in so it should be a busy week for the kids. I also have some eggs for the house so Mackenzie can do a little hunt at home and Mum and Belynda have put some "real" Easter eggs in the mail for her so I hope they arrive in one piece and on time. Being just me and my girl we won't be doing anything big for Easter.

Showing off her new thongs/flip flops! (and dancing too)

Today we had to run a few errands and I ended up buying Mackenzie her first pair of thongs/flip flops and she loves them!! Sometimes I wonder if she'll ever show any signs of her Australian heritage and today she didn't let me down. She loves wearing them as all Aussies do!! I took them off her at one point and she picked them up and bought them over to me to put them back on. She fell asleep wearing them...I think she likes them!
I hope you all have a safe and enjoyable Easter weekend, especially all you Aussies with your four day weekend!!


Aren't they the cutest!!

1 comment:

Jess said...

Loving the thongs!! That whole outfit is gorgeous! She really is looking so grown up Jodi. Are you able to post video on your blog? Would so love to see her shaking her butt to Beyonce, sounds adorable. Anyway, hope you both have a lovely Easter and that the days go super quickly until John is home.
Jess xx
P.S I bet John won't care a bit if you don't have the house ready. It's you two he wants to see. And anyway, he's a man - he probably won't even notice! ;-)