Sunday, March 14, 2010

Finally We Have a Date....Hopefully!


"Please Mummy can you read this to me?"

Today is the first day of daylight saving for us so we have lost an hour. So far it hasn't really affected us, but I'm sure I'm going to have a problem tonight and tomorrow when Mackenzie will probably go to bed late, then have to get up "early". Fingers crossed she adjusts without too much fuss!
As the title says I'm pretty sure we have a date now for John's home coming. It's going to be later than what I was anticipating, so he will miss Easter and my birthday. As you all know I can't share dates with you on this, but I'm sure you will get the general idea if you are aware of those days I mentioned. He will be coming in a day before the ship, and will be working until he takes some time off a couple of weeks after the ship gets in. At the moment he is in Malaysia and has been working most days. His job entails organizing the shore patrol (they are teams that go out and make sure everyone is doing what they are meant to be doing, and take people back to the ship who can't get there themselves) so that has kept him busy. He did go shopping for me and got me lots of my favorite Aussie goodies so I'm excited for that!

Doesn't she look cute in her dress!

As for us we haven't been up to a whole lot! Today we are taking it easy and I took the opportunity to dress Mackenzie up in her Minnie Mouse dress. I figured we spent a lot for it when we went to Disneyland so I should make the most of it before she's too big to wear it anymore. She's been spending the day dancing and twirling in it so I think she likes it! I have spent some of the weekend organizing her clothes and she has way more than I do!! I washed a whole bunch of the next size and took out all the ones that are too small for her so she now has almost a whole new wardrobe!


Holding the eraser she stole from Mummy's craft table that she loves to explore.

Work/school is fine. Mackenzie is doing great and has a lot of fun there. On Friday we made goop for the kids which is basically corn starch and water. It's really cool because it kind of goes hard, but then when you touch it it turns to liquid. Mackenzie was one of the few kids who actually touched it, but she along with the rest of them were not impressed! In the end me and my co-teacher had more fun with it! The kids were just happy to play outside in the sunshine. This week we are meant to be having some real hot days so I'm looking forward to some warmer weather. I just hope Mackenzie does ok.
Mackenzie has been cutting some more teeth over the last few weeks, but has handled it rather well. She now has two bottom molars and two top ones. She can often be found with her fingers in her mouth and I've had to give her some teething tablets every now and then. With the new teeth she has become a lot more co-operative when it comes to brushing her teeth. Teeth brushing can be a painful event in our house, but with the new teeth I think she like the feeling of the brush on them.

I didn't brush her hair before I took these photos!! Can you tell we're in weekend mode!!

Not much planned for this week either. I'm just counting down the days until John is home. On Wednesday it's St. Patrick's Day so we will be wearing green. I will make sure to get some pics of Mackenzie at school! Have a great week!

2 comments:

Belynda said...

Hey sis, shes looking cute in her minnie dress mum says she look cute too... I reckon shes looking more like you at the moment... Hugs and Kisses Bel xxxx

Jess said...

Love, love, love the Minnie dress. So pretty! Good news about John too. Finally! xx