Sunday, February 7, 2010

...And We're Walking!


Playing at school before Mummy starts for the day.

So here are some long awaited photos some of you have been waiting for! When I spoke to Belynda yesterday she complained about the lack of photos which makes me wonder how many people come here to actually read what I have to say!?! (smile) It was a crazy week for me this week. Nearly every day this week we had at least two people call out sick which meant ciaos! We were shuffling kids left and right and a lot of the time I had more of other people's kids in my class then I did my own actual kids! I hate having to do it too because Mackenzie pitches a fit if she has to leave the room. We had no choice at one point last week and she got so upset. When I was able to get her back she has shaking because she had worked herself up so much. Unfortunately we also had a girl quit giving less than two weeks notice so next week is probably going to be just as hectic...thank goodness we have a four day week!

My little diva getting upset at me...I see this face a lot these days!

The highlight of the week however was that my little girl started walking!! She has gotten progressively better as the week has gone on and I'm guessing that by the end of the month she'll be mainly walking! She looks so cute doing it too! On Monday I almost missed her first serious set of steps because I had my back to her. We were in the process of moving to our classroom and Mackenzie decided she was going to walk out of the classroom we start our day in. The other two teachers in the room watched her before they realized this was something new for her and one of the said..."Jodi I think you need to see this." I turned around and she was half way across the room! I was very proud! Most of this has just been with socks or bare feet, so I guess now the next step is to get her doing it in her shoes too!

A semi-action shot!

Mackenzie is also feeling a whole lot better too! We've had no vomiting (knock on wood) and she has got her appetite back. In fact she seems to be eating more than what she previously did for me! Now when she's hungry at home she goes over to her high chair and starts pointing and babbling at me to put her up. She is also now eating stuff with more chunks and stuff so I'm hoping that I can eventually start cooking more and have her eating that! Unfortunately we don't seem to be getting anywhere with the breast feeding and I only have myself to blame because I feed her at night. This last week she's actually gotten worse and it seems that if she even moves a muscle in her sleep she is half waking herself up and crying. I try to settle her back to sleep but she basically screams until I feed her. I know I should just be strong and refuse, but at 2 in the morning I'm so tired I just give in. I wish I could just wave my magic wand and deal with weaning that way!


We haven't been up to much this weekend. We had a rainy day yesterday so we stayed home and did some things around the house. I attempted some house work, but it seems Mackenzie managed to make just as much mess so it looks like I've done nothing! I have also been busy as we are having a Valentines Day party for the kids on Thursday. I have been making little cards from Mackenzie for her friends and teachers and at some point I have to make cupcakes for her party and a little something for her teachers! I have to squeeze the baking into the week nights as I want things to be fresh! As I mentioned before we have a short week this week and it's actually a four day weekend for us, so I'm looking forward to the break. I don't have much planned, but I am going to take my girl out for Valentines Day. We are going to go to the zoo as she loves looking at the animals.
John is doing fine and there is still no word as to when they will be coming home. I'm getting so frustrated at the moment too as I've heard on the radio and seen on the news that ships are starting to leave Haiti and head home. Just our luck though I'm sure John's replacement ship is still there! How did we ever get so unlucky!? We have had an opportunity to speak a little more on the phone though which is making things are little easier. They have now done four months at sea which is crazy. Keep your fingers crossed for us that this week is the week we hear something!

A cute shot!

If you are planning to celebrate I hope you have a lovely Valentines Day and we'll be in touch again soon!

1 comment:

Belynda said...

Loving the action shots sis our princess is so big now, hugs and kisses for you both miss you guys heaps lots of love bel xxx