Sunday, October 4, 2009

10 Months Old


Mackenzie at play

My baby is 10 months old...still can't believe how fast this year has gone! It's been another busy week for us both and we are doing good. Mackenzie survived another week at school and this week we saw signs of her beginning to settle in. You don't know how relieved I am to see this. I am actually beginning to relax a little and enjoy myself too because I'm not constantly worrying about her. Don't get me wrong we still have a ways to go, but I was able to see her playing and not hear her cry all the time so this is a huge improvement! The girls even told me that she's been kissing the boys so I guess she's gone from class screamer to class flirt! She is still not drinking from a bottle yet, but I know she'll get there eventually. She is now drinking water and juice for me and the occasional bit of formula which is an big improvement, so I know it's only a matter of time before she starts to drink for them.


As for me...I'm doing ok. There never seems to be enough hours in the day for me and I have so much to do around the house! Most of the time I feel tired and I'm always worried that I could be doing more! I'm probably a little too hard on myself, but if I don't do it who will? Next Monday we have a holiday so my plan is to use most of next weekend to work on the house and bring it back into order....or hopefully anyway!





John is doing good and is some where out there in the Pacific Ocean. I have to admit I was a little worried when I heard about the Tsunami this week, but I eventually got an email from him telling me that he was fine! At the moment he can't call so we're heading into about a week now since we talked. Thank goodness for email! I'm hoping in the next week or so that I get to talk to him again.

Mackenzie with her friend Sophie
Today we went to my friend Jennifer's house for a food party! It was yummy food and a lot of quick and easy meals and things. I bought some stuff and will buy some more once John is home and I have someone to cook for. Mackenzie got to see her friend Sophie and they had a little play. Mackenzie spent most of the time snuggled into my lap acting shy, but near the end I was able to sit with her so she could play with Sophie. Sophie is definitely a lot more social than Mackenzie. It was funny because Sophie was crawling all over Mackenzie and pulling on her shirt and stuff and Mackenzie just sat there looking at her! They looked so cute together!!

No comments: