Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Disneyland!!


Still in her pjs waiting to start our first day!

We had a great time at Disneyland!! It was just what we needed before John deploys...a nice, little family vacation. Mackenzie had a great time too and really adapted. The first day she was a little over whelmed by it all, but by the end of the trip she was smiling at everyone and enjoying the rides! She wasn't phased at all by the characters. She would look at them, and a couple of times attempted to touch them. She met Mickey and Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, Pooh Bear, Rabbit, Chip and Dale and the Bear the that Bear movie that I can't remember the name of! She saw some others, but I can't remember them all!
We stayed at the California hotel which is the most expensive of the three at the park. For anyone going to stay there I wouldn't reccomend it for the price they ask for. We got a great discount which is why we stayed, but we won't be staying there again. The lobby and the grounds are really beautiful and we expected the rooms to be better than what they were. It was nice don't get me wrong, but for the price they ask for I wouldn't do it. I think you're basically paying for the fact that you can walk directly into the California park and because it's the closet to Disneyland.

The lobby area of the hotel.


Our bed

I took the photo of the bed because I have a funny story. On our second day I guess we got new neighbors. The only reason I know that is because we could hear them having sex!! Can you imagine that head board banging against the wall...not to mention the moans and groans we heard! I got woken up several times. I'm just glad that Mackenzie was not at an age to ask questions!! =)

Mackenzie and Daddy.

Mackenzie did really well on the rides we took her on except for the Nemo ride. I felt terrible about that because I totally forgot what happened on the ride. It's a submarine and at first it started out all nice and Mackenzie loved looking at the window at all the bright fish...then it got dark (really dark) and there were explosions and Mackenzie started screaming!! Anyone who has heard Mackenzie scream knows that she has a set of lungs on her...now imagine that scream on a full submarine! It was the best start to her Disneyland experience!!

Mummy and Mackenzie

The weather was really HOT while we were there so we would spend a few hours at either park, then head back to the room for a nap, then we would go take a swim. Mackenzie loved the pool and enjoyed splashing about. Once we were done we would get changed and head back into the park until Mackenzie got too miserable to be there. It worked out great and although we didn't do all the rides we normally do we really did have a great time. I'm so glad that we took Mackenzie at this age and I can't wait to take her again next year when she's a little older and able to do a little more! We have some video that I'll try to post over the next couple of days.

A tired, hot Mackenzie takes a break!


John and I

Now we're home and enjoying John's time off. I still haven't heard anything about when I'll be starting work, which is a little frustrating, but at the same time allows me more time with John. We only have this week and next week before he's gone again so we're trying to make the most of it!

Mackenzie and Minnie


Mickey and Pluto


Pooh Bear


Mackenzie's first bathing suit....and first swim


Outside It's a Small World, Mackenzie's favorite ride.


We went on it everyday we were there!


Mackenzie and I outside Sleeping Beauty's castle


Looking about on a ride (I think this is on small world)


Meeting Pluto


She liked Pluto


Goofy


Trying on hats and things for Mummy's amusement


Sitting down in Mickey's house


Meeting Mickey!!


In someones car in Toontown.


Eating out!


Mackenzie's first carousel/merry-go-round ride


Daddy felt more comfortable with Mackenzie on this seat!


Dressed in her tutu! She made a great princess!


At the Chip and Dale breakfast at the hotel...she was more interested in eating than the characters!


With Chip....or was it Dale?


In her Minnie Mouse costume!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

looks like you had fun!!!

Unknown said...

Mackenzie looked like she really liked it. I can't wait to see the scrapbook!

Belynda said...

Hey sis love the pics had a good giggle at the one of you and (Mr GQ smooth)John wish I could have been there... Love ya xxxx