Sunday, October 26, 2008

I'm tired!!

Well my title says it all really...these days I'm just really tired! I'm sleeping ok, but it takes a while to find that comfortable spot to drift off, and then I'm waking up several times a night to use the bathroom. The baby also loves to get active as I'm trying to go to sleep. The other night my stomach was moving about like crazy, which was kind of strange to see! One minute she was on one side of my tummy, then she pushing up on the other side!
I had my regular two week doctors appointment this week and everything is going well. He was happy with my sugar levels, so hopefully they will remain this way until I give birth. My next appointment is in another two weeks and then they become weekly. I also have an appointment at the fetal monitor unit (I think that's what it is called). I believe I'm going to be hooked up to some kind of machine which allows them to really monitor the baby. I'm not sure how many times I'll be going to that place or if it's just a one off thing! So on Thursday I made all my appointments which go up until the day before my due date. It was a little surreal to see them all because there isn't that many!! I just want her to wait until John comes home before making her arrival!
Speaking of John, he is doing good and still out to sea. I have had a few phone calls as he has access to a satellite phone which has been great. I don't get to talk to him for long, but it's better than not hearing from him at all. He keeps telling me that he'll be back in Bahrain soon, so I'm hoping it will be in the next week or so. I'm just really looking forward to having him come home in December.
I've also decided on a date for leaving work. My last day will be November 21st, which isn't too far away!! I was going to work the following week as well, but that week is Thanksgiving and it's a three day week. It's also a quiet week at work, so I'm sure they will do fine without me. I'm ready to leave. My days seem to feel a little longer and I'm feeling tired and a little sore at the end of each day. I figured with the three weeks before my due date I'll have time to get the house in order and relax a little.
This Friday coming is Halloween and I'm looking forward to it. We are having a parade at work so the children can dress up and I love seeing all the babies in their costumes. So far I know we will be seeing a giraffe, a sheep and a cowboy so I can't wait to see them all. I also have my candy ready for all the trick and treaters that will come to the house. I'll be sure to have some photos for next week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is your fetal monitoring appointment a stress test? If so they usually just have you lay in bed with a monitor listening and the computer counting movement.