Sunday, October 19, 2008

My Baby Shower


My cake...I forgot to get a photo before it got cut.
It said "Congrats Mate on your girl!" It was very
yummy too!


This is my friend Sasha who opened her home and
organised the shower!!



Me and Dakota!


My friends Jennifer (who's due about 3 weeks
after me) and Chrissy.

My friend Brittny!



My friend Cassie who got the baby these really
cute bath puppets...one is a koala and the other
is a kangaroo! She also bought the wonderful cake.

This is a pic of all the presents we got! I'm extremely
grateful!!
So yesterday was the baby shower and I had a fantastic day. I've added just a few photos here and the rest will be on my facebook and myspace accounts. It was a really great opportunity to catch up with friends, especially the ones I no longer work with. We had lunch, played some games, had cake and opened the gifts, plus a lot of catching up with one another. The games were really cute. One was where they had to memorise a bunch of chocolate bars, then make up a story about the baby using as many of the chocolate bars as they could remember. As we still don't have a name the girls used our old name of Banjo! Another game was that they had to draw a picture of a baby with the paper on their heads and the pen was not allowed to leave the paper. There were a lot of interesting babies!! The other games included a bunch of questions about me to see how well they know me and estimating the size of my belly by cutting a piece of string. In that game some of the girls must of thought I'd doubled in size!! It was a good day. Dakota came along and it was good to see her. She is fast becoming a teenager! She is doing good and is keeping busy with school. She will be 13 in November!
My other good news is that we now have official word of John coming home for the baby's birth and have purchased his ticket home. He will be here for about three weeks, arriving December 8th and leaving on the 27th. I am so happy that he will be here for the baby's first Christmas!! We were under the impression that he would probably only be able to come home for about two weeks, so I'm really happy he was able to get the extra time. Now I just have to keep my fingers crossed that the baby waits until her Daddy gets home before making her appearance!
I've had a pretty easy going week. We had a lot of infants out on vacation this week so I got to go home early most days. For two of the days I worked as little as three or four hours so I really appreciated the break. I kind of got used to afternoon naps! Unfortunately though my first full day of work fell on Friday so I didn't get a chance at yet another long weekend. My aim is to finish up work in the last week of November which will be a three day week here due to Thanksgiving. This means I only have a matter of weeks left!! Time is just getting away from me!
Today I've been taking it easy. I found Band of Brothers on the tv so I've been half watching that for most of the as I work through laundry and some other stuff! I have done my own and now I'm working on the baby clothes. In the next few weeks I'll get the last of what I think I need and then I should hopefully be ready for her arrival. I'm trying to also fit in getting organised for Christmas as well, but that might end up being a last minute thing. I guess I should get through Halloween first before I start worrying about that!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jodi, Im so glad to hear that Johns coming home for the birth. Its such a memoralbe moment so Im so happy that you are going to be able to share it together.
The baby shower looked and sounded like alot of fun.
Take it easy too, sounds like your've got your hands full with all the upcoming events to organise.
Love Ika xxx

Anonymous said...

Jodi, I love reading your updates! I am so glad to hear that John is going to be able to be there for you! It will make a lovely Christmas. Love to you all, Jennifer D