Sunday, April 13, 2008

The End of a Relaxing Week!


My rain stick and my half completed box!!

Unfortunately our little break has come to an end and we're back to work tomorrow. I've had a nice, relaxing time although I wish I had another week as one week just doesn't seem to be long enough. After Disneyland the rest of our week went by kind of fast. I had a lot of school work to do and we had some other running around to do.
My school work bought out the creative side to John and I as I had to make a musical instrument and a box to place some books in for my language class. For my musical instrument I made a rain stick and called on John to help out. I had found a mailing tube at work so we had to go find some nails that would fit, then John helped me out by drilling holes through the cardboard. After that we filled the tube with beans and wrapped it with tape. I added some circles for creative effect! All that work, and I showed it for about a minute! As for the box we are half way through that. We covered it today with paper and now I have to make some copies of pictures to put on it. My books are all by Eric Carle so I'll show you the end product when I'm done! It has to be done by Wednesday.
This weekend has been a hot one here! Thank goodness for air conditioning because I don't do well in this dry heat! Today we went out for a little while and I couldn't wait to get home. The thermometer in the car read 93 degrees at one stage (which is around 31 for you Aussies!) and now I'm wondering how I ever lived in Darwin!! Tomorrow is meant to be a lot cooler, so I'll be happy with that.
Today we went out for lunch to an English pub called Shakespeare's Bar and Grill. The actual bar looked a lot like the English pubs I've seen on Eastenders and it had quite a few Poms there. The plan was for fish and chips, but when I saw that they served Shepard's pie I just had to have it!! It was fantastic! John still had fish and chips and had to have his peas in a separate dish...don't tell him I told you that! He also had some kind of beer where they mixed Guinness and another beer which he said was nice too. Situated on the other side of the place is this little English store and bakery which we just had to check out. It was full of overpriced treasures of foods I miss! They even make their own sausage rolls there! I had to buy one...and it was fantastic! I also bought some pickled onions and a peppermint Aero bar. They wanted almost $9 US for Vegemite, so I decided I didn't need that enough to pay that amount! I will definitely be heading back there sooner or later.

No comments: