Sunday, March 6, 2011

A Very Expensive Week!


Mackenzie loves the "Horses!"

We went back to Disneyland almost two weeks ago now and had a lot of fun!! It was nowhere near as busy as it was the Sunday we went so we got to do a lot more which was great! Maegen finally got to meet Mickey Mouse, but I have no photos of it on our camera. We did get some shots from the photographer there so once I locate them I'll scan them so you can all see. It wasn't the cute little meeting I had envisioned. Right before we were about to go into the room where you meet Mickey Maegen peed right out of her diaper and became most uncomfortable so in her pics she's crying! Mickey tried his best to soothe her, but she was having none of it!!

Me and Mackenzie on the Dumbo ride (my first ever time on it!!)

Maegen also got to go on a couple of rides. She was awake for Small World and looked about at all the flashing lights. We also took her in the Haunted Mansion, but she slept through that. Mackenzie as usual had a blast and can now recognize when we are almost there. As we got near she started calling out Mickey and got very excited!! I'm not sure when we are heading back next, but my birthday is approaching!

Mackenzie loves the Dumbo ride!

We have been at war with ants in our house lately, and I think I can now safely say that we have won. The Monday before we headed up to Disneyland we had someone come out and spray the house. We were told that we may see a few more about as they go off to die so we tolerated the occasional group of ants. We had a follow up appointment on Saturday which is part of our agreement and everything seemed fine, then on Sunday it was crazy!! We found ants going up and down the stairs so we had to have someone come out again! A guy came by on Monday and I showed him our problem and followed them about. We opened a window and there were hundreds of them!! It turned out that they were coming up and into the house via the trees that were too close to our house. This meant that we had to contact our HOA to get them to trim the trees.

The family enjoying Small World

On Monday afternoon I was showing John the problem with the trees when we noticed that one of the screens were off our windows. We went to investigate it to find out that someone had attempted to break into our house! We are unsure of when it happened which is totally scary so now we are in the process of getting the window fixed. Luckily for us the windows have some kind of double lock on them so they were unable to get in, but they really did mess up the window so we are thinking they may need to replace to whole thing. We then had to stop our procrastinating and get someone out to install a security alarm which we got on Thursday, so hopefully with that, plus all the signs about our house indicating we have an alarm will be a deterrent to anyone else looking to break into our house.

Maegen enjoying Small World.

On Thursday I also took Maegen to the doctors to check up on her weight progress. I knew that they would no longer be concerned as she has definitely put on some weight!! She is now 11 pounds and I can't remember how many ounces so that means she has put on 3 pounds in one month thanks to the formula!! The doctor said that the weight gain was fine because she is now in the 50th percentile with weight which is right where she needs to be! He also signed off on her medical forms for school so she is now good to go!
Maegen and I will be starting next week which means that this week coming is my last week of freedom!! I have a little running around to do to get us organized, but I'm hoping I will get a little time to relax and enjoy my final week at home.

Mackenzie at the Haunted Mansion

Mackenzie is doing great and enjoying school. Last week they celebrated Dr Suess' birthday so she got to listen to some stories and had a pizza party. Pizza is one of her favorite foods so I'm sure she was very happy with that! She is talking a mile a minute now...some I can understand while some of it sounds like gobbly goop! The other day she did the cutest thing when we got to school. She went into her classroom and approach her friend Deuce. She began talking to him, then bought him over to Maegen and I and said "Kiss Maegen". Deuce gave Maegen a kiss on her forehead and both of them were happy!

All wrapped up in her stroller!

So next time I write I'll probably be back to work! Keep your fingers crossed for me that Maegen and I for that matter settle in well and don't end up sick!!

No comments: