Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Back to Work!!

Mackenzie with her teacher Ms Cristina (whoops....I uploaded the photos in the wrong order!)

So we are currently almost half way through our second week at work and school and it has been an adjustment!! It's fun, busy and exhausting, but I'm happy to be back. Unfortunately my hours have changed a little which makes for a long day, but we are getting used to it. I now work from 8 to 5. My day starts at 5:30 if Maegen allows me to sleep that long and ends when I pass out after getting dinner ready and getting us all organized for the next day.
Mackenzie with her one true love, Deuce

Maegen has settled in well and as her teachers let me know is one of their "good" babies. She is sleeping great and eating well and I love that I get to visit with her when I'm on break. She is now drinking the occasional 6oz bottle and we have been getting her to sleep almost the whole night which is great for me!! She's getting so big with each passing day and I can't believe she's 13 weeks already!
Maegen with her teacher Ms Michelle

Mackenzie is doing fine and is her usual busy self. She's been a little under the weather lately trying to kick a cold. She also had a little trouble adjusting to me being at work all the time and the longer day. When she would see me she would get upset and I started to avoid going to see her for fear of making her cry. Her teacher recommended that I do the opposite and continue to visit so that she gets used to me being back and it's been good. I now go and see her on both of my 10 minute breaks and get lots of hugs and kisses from her and her friends. She has become rather challenging of late which can be a little stressful. She's very quick to throw herself on the ground when things are not going her way and she has an answer for everything. We are trying to be patient with her as she is having to adjust to a new schedule, but I'm hoping it is just a phase because trying to negotiate with a two year old can be exhausting!!
Dressed up for St Patricks Day

My lucky charm!!

Mackenzie playing at school

John is doing good and has been a great help with keeping everything going around the house. He helps with dinner, makes bottles for me and will even come and pick up the girls every now and then which is really a great help. He's starting to get a little busier at work too as the ship is almost done with being in dry dock, but I'm hoping he doesn't get too busy because I need his help more than ever now!
On Wednesday just past John had duty and was gone the whole entire day and night! I had made plans to meet up with an old school friend who was coming to town so of course I didn't want to cancel with her. We met up and it was great to see her. When I got home I had to get the girls ready for bed, clean up and get everything ready for the next day...it was chaos!! The one thing I learned from that experience was that if John has duty during the week then I make no plans!!
Maegen all dressed up for her first day at school.

As for me I'm doing fine. I am very, very, very reliant on coffee now, but I'm enjoying being back at work. I work with four little boys who keep me very busy as they are big boys who still want to be babies so I really have my work cut out for me. On my first day we actually got to go home early and I was thinking to myself, this wasn't too bad, but when I got home I sat down to have a little rest and that was the end of me! Exhaustion set in and I was very grumpy and irritated with myself as I knew I had so much to do. Now once I get home I push through and get things done before I even think about relaxing a little.
I got a wonderful surprise this weekend!! John got me a early birthday/anniversary present and I'm in love with it! He got me a Mac laptop which means that I can now get on the computer a little more than I do now!! The main reason for the gift is so I can use it if I ever get back into school (it's near impossible to find on-line classes) but it's also going to mean that I can update my blog and go on facebook etc while I'm on my lunch break.

My sleeping angel?

Life is good. It's busy but good. We now look forward to our weekends so we can relax a little and hang out around the house, but we seem to be filling our days with all the things we don't get done during the week. I just look forward to the day when I sleep in past 7am!! Until next time...

No comments: