Thursday, January 6, 2011

Mackenzie's Christmas Performance


Enjoying snack with her class before the big performance!

The Thursday before Maegen's arrival was Mackenzie's Christmas performance at school. It's a big day at school! All the classes present a song or two that they work on for weeks, Santa is there to hand out gifts and then they have a pot luck party for lunch.

Relaxing with Daddy .

I have to admit I had little confidence that Mackenzie would co-operate! I assumed that as soon as she saw all those strangers/parents she would freak out and begin to scream her high pitched scream, ruining her classes performance. I was very nervous for my baby. When we arrived it was a little crazy in her room as parents tried to drop off their children without little fuss. Mackenzie of course as a little upset so we ended up staying in her room until we were kicked out. She actually allowed us to leave without any fuss, so we went outside to wait for our little girls big debut!

Hanging out with some of her class mates.

The whole thing was really cute!! Each class, including the 1 year olds (which is my class when I'm there) did a little performance. The 1's did Jingle Bells and although they didn't sing, they shook their bells throughout the whole song! They performed better than Mackenzie's class! You all know how 2 year olds can be...most of them stood like deers caught in head lights and class participation was at a minimum!

Here she comes!!


Mackenzie chose not to participate!!

Mackenzie surprised me!! She walked out with her class and sat down surveying all the strangers/parents in front of her. She chose not to perform, but she didn't freak out either which was what I expected her do. She sat there for some time looking about and when she did finally manage to find John and I in the crowd she began to cry. My director shot me a look and I went and scooped up my baby, extremely proud that she lasted that long!

"Where are you Mummy and Daddy?"


Not the most lady like is she!?


The "real" Santa came to hand out their gifts!

After all the classes had performed Santa arrived to hand out gifts. Santa was amazing!! Even I got excited to see him as he really did look like the real thing! With Mackenzie being like she is around strangers we had not taken her to meet Santa. I didn't see the point in freaking her out just for a photo, so I didn't hold out much hope that she would want to go anywhere near him! When her name was called John took her up towards Santa and handed her over to him. I braced for the scream and got the camera ready to get what I could, but to my surprise she went to Santa and sat on his lap! She posed for photos and got her gift! I received a big lesson that day that I should never under estimate my little girl!! Great job Mackenzie!!

"Thanks Santa!"


"Hurry up and get the shot Mum!"


Opening her gift with some help from Daddy


Back at home after a busy day!

No comments: