Sunday, September 5, 2010

Trying to Catch Up!


My crazy haired child!

I know it's been weeks, but here's my usual excuse...I rarely seem to get on the computer these days! I thought having John home would free up more time for me, but we get home and I'm normally exhausted so we all end up relaxing in front of yet another Disney movie, then it's dinner, getting ready for the next day, showers and bed! I guess the important thing to know is that we are all healthy, happy and enjoying being back together again!

Love her pretty eyes here!!

So my plan is to break up the pics I've taken recently into a few entries so those of you who follow this blog will probably be a little shocked by no entries for weeks, then a bunch all at once. We have managed to squeeze in a few different activities since I last wrote. John and I went out alone for the first time since Mackenzie entered the world and we went to Disneyland for a few days. (More on that in the next entry) Other than that it has just been work and home. Mackenzie loves spending time with her Daddy and as I type this is out with him getting his truck washed.

This is where I often find her when she refuses to take a nap at a decent time. She'll start watching a movie and fall asleep, then she gets very, very, very grumpy when we have to wake her up so she will sleep at night.

A few weeks back now we went to a ball for John's ship. I can't remember the official name of it, but it involved a number of ships and different land based sections. There were quite a lot of people there and I was extremely glad that I followed my instincts on getting a dress, because if I had of listened to John I would have felt very under dressed and very pissed at him! We had a great night! The food was yummy and I got to meet a lot of people that John works with.

John and I at home after the event. (we got some professional shots so I will have to put them on here when we get them back)

Mackenzie did great without us and only got a little upset when she got tired! Her teacher from school looked after her and they apparently had a great time watching all her favorite Disney movies. The next day we left very early for Disneyland so we didn't stay out too late, but it was nice to get dressed up and be a grown up again!



My bump...I think I'm 21 weeks?!

2 comments:

Jess said...

You look GORGEOUS Jodi! That dress is lovely on you and shows of your bump perfectly! And John looks very dashing in his navy uniform too! Love the pic of M with her hat on - a picture of pure innocence (if I didn't know better lol)! xx

Marnie said...

looking absolutely stunning in that dress jodi, suits you perfectly, you're absolutely gorgeous xxxx