Sunday, September 5, 2010

Now a Catch Up on Us!


Out for lunch with Daddy!

As for each of us we are doing great! John has been busy with work and will be heading out one last time in the next week or so. It will only be a short trip, but it's really nice to know that this will be the final one for some time. At the moment he is helping to initiate, train, prepare (whatever you want to call it) the latest chief selectees which means a lot of early morning runs for him, but it hasn't taken up too much of his personal time.

Mackenzie and I down by the bay.

I'm doing fine and find it hard to believe that I'm 24 weeks pregnant!! We are over half way now and I don't feel anywhere near as prepared as what we were with Mackenzie! I know we were a prepared early because John left, but for some reason I feel this next one is going to be here before we are ready for her!! I went for my check up on Thursday and everything is going great. My next appointment will be a big one as that is when they will finally test me for gestational diabetes. Keep your fingers crossed for me that this time I manage to escape it! The baby seems to be a lot more active than Mackenzie ever was which has me a little scared. Mackenzie keeps us busy enough as it is, so we are hoping the next one will be a quiet one for us. I'm starting to think that we won't be so lucky!!
Work is going fine and has been a little busy lately. Next week we start the new school year which has meant that there have been a lot of new enrollments and stuff. On Friday we had no kids for the day and had to prepare our classrooms for the new year. It was the longest day of my life!!! I had to clean from top to bottom, then put up new bulletin boards and a whole bunch of other stuff. I ended up being there from 7 in the morning until 5:30 that afternoon. All I can say is thank goodness John was able to keep Mackenzie as I would have probably still been there doing what I needed to get down!!

Eating her favorite food ever....chicken!!

As for Mackenzie, she is doing great!! Her favorite word is NO and we hear it all the time. She is so busy and is loving school. On Thursday we had a bounce house at school and she had an absolute blast running and jumping in it! She just continues to act like a sponge and absorb everything she sees and hears about her, some good and some not so good! Unfortunately we have heard drop the s*%# word a few times and we only have ourselves to blame for that. She is able to count from 1 to 10 and she is naming a bunch of colors! She fell in love with It's a Small World and the Tiki Room while at Disneyland so every time she hears the songs (we have Disney cds at school) she gets excited and then upset because she wants to go back! As soon as we get home from school she is straight into the dvd draw trying to coerce John or I to play her a movie. Most days it's either 101 Dalmatians or The Lady and the Tramp!

Having fun in the bounce house.

This weekend is a three day weekend for us and I have managed to catch a bit of a head cold. We are taking things easy and our plan is to just work around the house, although it's Sunday now and we are yet to really make a start on anything!! Our plan is for Mackenzie and the baby to share a room so we need to swap Mackenzie's current room and our entertainment room around, but as of yet we haven't done a thing. I guess we'll make it happen eventually, but in the mean time I'm planning on enjoying the extra day of rest of relaxation!!
Till next time people!!

"Hello Mama!"

No comments: