Tuesday, April 27, 2010

We're Still Alive!!

Sorry it's taken me so long to update the blog. Since John has gotten back I've had very little time for my cyber life which is actually quite refreshing! John has been home for two weeks now and things are slowly getting back to normal around here. It took Mackenzie a long time to adjust to her Daddy being home. I guess she's a rather reserved child and she spent most of the first day staring at him from my lap and giving him many dirty looks. She eventually warmed up to him only to go to bed that night and we were back to square one again. It took a little longer too because John is still working, so every third day has been a duty day for him where he doesn't come home for a 24 hour period. We are now finally at a better place where she loves hanging out with her Daddy.
To add to the last few hectic weeks both John and I have been really sick. I don't know if he bought it back with him or I gave it to him, but we both ended up with a terrible cold. My dreams of having someone help out around the house were cut short when John would take his medicine each night and pass out leaving me with all my usual chores! Unfortunately there was no rest for me, but we are both now feeling better.
Now I imagine you are all going to be thinking where are the photos!!? I finally got my new camera which I love and have taken a few shots. Tonight I came to download and I can't find the stupid connection cable!! I know it's here somewhere in the house, but between John tidying up for me and Mackenzie touching and hiding things she's not meant to the most important cord in the box is now missing so I haven't been able to get the photos on the computer. John has duty tonight so I'll check with him tomorrow and we will hopefully have some photos up soon.
Anyway I just wanted to let you all know that we are doing great, just a little short on time. I'll write some more soon!!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Glad everything's going well Jodes, big hugs to you & Mackenzie. x

Jess said...

So pleased that you and Mackenzie finally have John back. Looking forward to seeing some pics. Jess xxx