Saturday, December 20, 2008

Daddy's Home!


Mackenzie and her Daddy!!

Where does the time go!?! Sorry it's taken me a while to update the blog, but as you can imagine time seems to get away from me these days! John finally got home last Saturday and it's so good to have him home. Mackenzie just loves her Daddy, and already has John wrapped around her little finger! He has this way of calming her down at times that I'm really going to miss once he leaves us again! He has been such a great help too, especially around the 4am time period. After she eats they go and have sometime together, which has allowed me to sleep a little more. I have truly come to appreciate that two and bit hours of sleep!


Mackenzie's first bath!

With Mackenzie's umbilical cord finally falling out she also had her first bath this week. She did a lot better than what I thought she would as the sponge baths I used to give her she did not like at all! This is one of my favourite photos of her!! Isn't she the cutest!!


We have been doing a lot of hanging out at home and getting ready for Christmas. My Mum and Belynda arrived on Wednesday so we've been out doing some shopping and stuff since they have been here. Mackenzie had her two week appointment on Wednesday and now weighs 8 pounds 3 ounces. I can tell that she's getting bigger, maybe soon she'll start fitting into more of her clothes.


Mackenzie in one of her Christmas outfits!



In her bouncer..."Thank you Aunty Jess, it's one of my favourite places to hang out!!"




One week old!
So I can't think of anything else to update you on! We are all doing great and just making the most of the time John has with us! At the moment he is due to head back December 30, but he's going to see about extending for another week so please everyone keep your fingers crossed that he is able to do that! Mackenzie and I wish that he didn't have to go back at all!
In case I don't get back on the computer before Christmas I hope you all have a wonderful day whatever you do!! We will have Dakota over for Christmas Eve and morning so I'll be sure to have plenty of pics to put on here! I can't wait for you all to see Mackenzie in her Christmas dress!!




3 comments:

Amanda said...

So funny, Henry is a pain in the butt at 4am too! Lately I have taken to feeding him from each side twice, changing his bum, wrapping him tight and just leaving him to grump it out - seeems to be working so far.

Unknown said...

Hey Jodi. Mackenzie just looks so much bigger than the day she was born. She is looking sooo cute in her little outfits too. I can't wait to visit again. Have a great holiday and time with John!!
Britt

Anonymous said...

Ah bless Jodi, she's gorgeous. And lovely to see a picture of her with her daddy. xx